Used 2010 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

2010 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

My 6 year old 2010 Audi Q5 3.2 Totally Undriveable
By Angry Audi Q5 Driver

2010 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

It's a beauty on the outside, but mechanically if you buy one anything can go wrong. Sure my car had 91,000 miles on it and had Carfax Service records. So far after owning it for only 6 months, it's already has had to have a complete front end re-done, hoses replaced, they still can't figure out what's wrong with the steering that 'chatters' when you turn to the left that was $3,000 worth of work. But what has happened now is that I was noticing the anti-freeze disappearing but no leaking. The oil cap was milky which meant the antifreeze was leaking into the engine and you could watch it disappearing. I had the car towed to the Audi mechanic. The warranty I bought for $3,000 isn't worth the paper it's written on, they have loop holes in it so they don't have to fix it. Basically the engine needs to be replaced. According to the mechanic the engine is so difficult to disassemble and tons of man hours and dollars, it's easier to replace than taking it apart. So now I have no car to drive. I have over the years owned used cars from Mercedes to BMW's and have never had a problem with high miles. This car is a joke. My only resolve is to turn it back into the bank and then I will be stuck with the residual to pay for years. Anyone have any ideas? Or heard of this kind of car tragedy? Update: The dealership refuses to do anything about it. The credit union can't do anything about it. How can they in all consciousness sell you a car that is a lemon?

Love my Audi!
By 33egg

2010 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

First time Audi owner and absolutely love the Q5. Great gas mileage, about 27 miles on highway with premium gas. No problems with the vehicle to date. Excellent paint job and easy to keep clean. Highly recommend this vehicle.

Love my Q5
By caraddict1

I have had my 2010 for a little over a year. I only had one

problem with it and that was three weeks ago. The water pump went while I was driving. My husband came and had the suv towed on a flat bed to the dealer we bought it from. They told him they had no idea why the water pump went (not common on 3.2 engines). They told my husband to wait and fixed it right then and there.
Now that is service. It is great on the road it hugs it. Great miles on the highway driving. I would buy another one in a heart beat. No regrets.

Handling, pick up, highway gas miles, sun roof,styling in general. The color leather in side.

I could say more storage pockets but then it wouldn't be what it is.... So, nothing.

Better than BMW
By maynardac

2010 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I used to drive a 2008 BMW X5 and didn't like the performance, comfort, quality, reliability, etc. The Audi Q5 is more than what I expected, especially the way it handles the road on an extreme condition, the way it accelerates when passing, driving uphill is like driving on a straight road. The only thing I didn't like about the Audi Q5 is the way it drives under 10 mph. Overall, the best SUV I've ever driven, better than the BMW X5

transmission

exterior design needs to be more aggressive but luxurious

So Far, So great
By Toledosfinest

2010 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Q5Premium Plus this month after going back and forth with the car dealer trying to get a better deal with the 2011's out. I was finally able to get the vehicle at almost $4000 off the sticker. I have only driven 1200 miles, but so far I love the vehicle. On a weekend trip, I got between 26-27 MPG which I feel is excellent. I suggest that you wax the 19" wheels with a good wax. The brake dust will still show up, but it will wash off much easier. Overall I will rate this vehicle a 10. I will write again in about 6 months.

Power, B & O stereo, Comfortable seats, quietness of vehicle, gas mileage so far,looks of vehicle. Love the emergency brake design.

Ceramic brakes standard (less dust) 19" Wheels/tires standard Chrome grill instead of plastic