Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

New Q5
By Jeff M

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of new Q-5 with Premium/Prestige Packages and immediately set out on 1,200 mile trip. Vehicle performed almost flawlessly. The GPS stopped functioning necessitating the rebooting of the MMI. Q-5 held the road well at speeds to 80mph. Gas mileage averaged a whopping 25mpg. Interior is well appointed. Everything about the Q-5 is solid. The B&O stereo is without equal. This is a great vehicle.

Favorite Features

B&O Stereo, Bluetooth/phone connection and GPS screen.

Suggested Improvements

Rear console (versus arm-rest) option and tire pressure monitoring system that provides pressure amounts in each tire.

Sporty SUV, Lacking Interior Comfort
By Nick

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I really love this car. I like the handling and the acceleration. There are a ton of features for the price. The only complaints I have are the gas mileage is kind of poor, and the leather seats are kind of hard and don't really hold you in them very well. The Navigation screen would also be better in a touch screen.

Favorite Features

Panoramic Sunroof, performance, build quality, the cool looks, and the headlights (neat looking LED lights on the top).

Suggested Improvements

Interior comfort, fuel economy, and touch screen navi.

Love this Car
By GreatCar

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Audi and my first cross-over vehicle and I am thoroughly impressed with this car. Looked at a lot of different cars and nothing seemed to have everything I wanted until I drove the Audi. Very good power for a V6, handles well and has a very smooth ride. Great interior, good cargo space and the sunroof is fantastic. I've owned 2 Acuras, a 325 and 525 BMW and a Mercedes (which I'll never buy again), and this car meets and/or exceeds those. Better value for the $$ than the comparable X3 or X5 or Lexus or Mercedes. Better features than the Acura RDX. Really happy with the purchase and I highly recommend the Q5 for anyone looking in this class of cars.

Q5 3.2 v6
By vp

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought 2 days ago. Engine is smooth on acceleration. A family of 4 can comfortably seat. I am having a blast. I love it.

Favorite Features

ipod interface and sd card slot for music.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of at present time.

Bull in Sheep's Clothing
By lumumba

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

With Audi drive select you can change its driving properties quite nicely. With the ADS and the S Line tires and wheels (Michelin Latitude Sport). It will stick with the best of them. Comfort setting for potholes works well. Prestige package is worth it. Pricey, but a very nice ride!

Favorite Features

Handling, styling, interior style and design, the advanced technology, utility permutations. Ability to leap small snowbanks with a single bound.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. EPA says 18 city 23 country. I'm getting 12 mpg if that.