2009 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )
Poor Gas Mileage
By jscotyd on 05/10/09 09:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beware of the ugly gas mileage. I can only get the 18 mpg in the city on the vehicle instant mpg calculator if I am going down hill with my foot off of the accelerator. It's stupid.

Impressions of my new Q5
By automaven on 05/08/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my new Q5 from Audi of Oxnard. I did extensive research prior to the purchase. I wanted all wheel drive for skiing plus a place where both my surfboard and lab dog could fit. I wanted comfort, bluetooth, nav, and pretty much all goodies. The full size moon/ sun roof is a cool addition. I replaced my 06 Acura MDX where the lease just ended. The Audi is extremely comfortable, with fit and finish second to none. Smaller than the mdx, but still o.k. and with better mileage. I got 23.5 on first tank, city and highway. The center stack which controls the radio and nav takes some getting used to.

Beats 'em all
By AudiMyMind on 05/08/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Test drove BMW, MB, Lexus, Acura and Infiniti. Audi is absolutely the BEST by far. The quality, craftsmanship, fit and finish is beyond compare. Got the Meteor Gray pearl, light gray interior & Premium plus pkg. Have caused countless head turns on the road and while parked. Those LED daytime running lights really get everyone's attention. Precise handling; Superb ride.

The perfect urban SUV
By GLo on 05/03/09 13:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We've driven the Q5 (with Premium Plus) for a month and we absolutely love it. It's small enough for urban driving/parking, but is roomier and built more intelligently than the X3 that it replaced. Smooth, linear acceleration, balanced steering, and grips the road like a sports car. Our favorite drives are over the twisty canyon roads. MPG is around 17 so far (vs. avg. of 13 with the X3), which is better than expected considering almost 100% city driving. My only complaints are that the brakes are a bit squishy and the side view mirrors are huge. This is great for side visibility, but limits front visibility a bit when making turns, for example. I think we'll get used to it.

"The best"
By cesar on 05/01/09 15:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I have had 2 Mercedes (Ml320 and E320) and my Q5 is much better in everything, I traded in a 08 MDX that I bought because Honda and Acura reputation, but I had to take the MDX 3 times to dealership to fix A/c and I recently discovered a noise on the transmission, so I decided - That's it!! and bought the Q5. I could not be happier with it.

Absolutely Perfect! ...no comparison!
By megn1806 on 04/25/09 22:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought the q5 with the premium plus pkg, and it's FANTASTIC! The gas mileage is better than advertised. The LED lights are awesome! It handles just like a vehicle, but with the stamina of an SUV. I am 5"4 and this car doesn't feel 'too large'. The interior is classy, and goes above and beyond all of the competition. I have been looking for a year for an SUV (MB, BMW, Lexus), and nothing comes close to the genius Audi put together with the Q5. I leased this vehicle, but after driving it for 2 weeks, I am quite certain I'll end up purchasing it @ lease end. If you haven't driven the Q5, add it to the top of your list, this is one vehicle that is a must drive!

Perfectly sexy!
By wilduys on 04/23/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Q5...truth in engineering equals driving fun. Sexy inside & out.Truly a head-turner! Behind the wheel is perfectly engaging. Driving one is more than an ultimate experience. Q5 is the ultimate expression of PERFECTION! Owning one is a dream come true.

Audi q5 premuim plus
By jim on 04/10/09 10:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Been looking for about a year on a crossover that my wife & I would like. The Q5 has a very nice exterior look to it. The interior is comfortable for a person that 6'5". The Q5 has more than enough get up & go to it. Gas mileages is not bad (19 mpg). Traded in a XC90 Volvo.

Would Never Buy American Again!
By Bill B. on 04/08/09 18:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After trading in my 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee for a 09 Q5 Prestige, I can honestly say i would never buy an American car again. The Q5 is far better than the Jeep in every way, especially in the snow. We test drove this car during a snow storm and wow, the quattro is amazing. It would not let us fishtail or slide at all, and it just kept us going in a straight line. Aside from that, the MMI is pretty easy to use, the Bang & Olufsen sounds great and the panoramic sunroof is amazing, the whole roof is pretty much glass. Last but not least, the LED's both front and rear look incredible. They were one of the main reasons I bought this car.

Bullseye!!!
By Don L. on 04/02/09 16:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my Infiniti M35X. Have always been a fan of Japanese car quality but decided to try a German car. The school commercial captivated my attention as I was considering an Lexus RX350. The commercial helped me to realize that I should try something not so main stream as there are a lot of Lexus RXs out there. One test was all it took to blow me away. The Q5 drives and feels like a sport sedan as handling and acceleration are excellent. The build quality is phenomenal. Seats are extremely comfortable. The gas mileage has been higher than advertised as I am getting just over 27 mpg on the highway (at 65-70 avg speed) vs sticker which claims 23. You can't get a much better car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*