2009 Audi Q5 SUV - Consumer Reviews

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )
New Q5
By Jeff M on 07/13/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of new Q-5 with Premium/Prestige Packages and immediately set out on 1,200 mile trip. Vehicle performed almost flawlessly. The GPS stopped functioning necessitating the rebooting of the MMI. Q-5 held the road well at speeds to 80mph. Gas mileage averaged a whopping 25mpg. Interior is well appointed. Everything about the Q-5 is solid. The B&O stereo is without equal. This is a great vehicle.

Sporty SUV, Lacking Interior Comfort
By Nick on 07/09/09 14:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I really love this car. I like the handling and the acceleration. There are a ton of features for the price. The only complaints I have are the gas mileage is kind of poor, and the leather seats are kind of hard and don't really hold you in them very well. The Navigation screen would also be better in a touch screen.

Love this Car
By GreatCar on 07/05/09 18:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Audi and my first cross-over vehicle and I am thoroughly impressed with this car. Looked at a lot of different cars and nothing seemed to have everything I wanted until I drove the Audi. Very good power for a V6, handles well and has a very smooth ride. Great interior, good cargo space and the sunroof is fantastic. I've owned 2 Acuras, a 325 and 525 BMW and a Mercedes (which I'll never buy again), and this car meets and/or exceeds those. Better value for the $$ than the comparable X3 or X5 or Lexus or Mercedes. Better features than the Acura RDX. Really happy with the purchase and I highly recommend the Q5 for anyone looking in this class of cars.

Q5 3.2 v6
By vp on 07/04/09 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought 2 days ago. Engine is smooth on acceleration. A family of 4 can comfortably seat. I am having a blast. I love it.

Bull in Sheep's Clothing
By lumumba on 07/02/09 23:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

With Audi drive select you can change its driving properties quite nicely. With the ADS and the S Line tires and wheels (Michelin Latitude Sport). It will stick with the best of them. Comfort setting for potholes works well. Prestige package is worth it. Pricey, but a very nice ride!

I NEVER write reviews
By NewQ5 on 06/30/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Okay, this is my first review on a car. I have previously owned 3 Lexus, BMW, Acura, and Toyota's. This is my first Audi, had test drove the A4 when buying Acura and was not impressed, so almost did not even look at the Q5. Glad I did, this IS THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED. Upside, engine is great, street from my house is a hill and a turn against oncoming traffic, the car provides the extra torque in the rear wheel for complete control, ALL other cars has issue with this even BMW 535i also 2009. Interior is extremely nice - I have nearly all the options so car price tag is $50k, which is appears overpriced at first, but when comparing quality interior and options is right on the money.

Handles poorly in Town/City traffic
By voltrader66 on 06/20/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Car has a serious issue with the gearbox. In start/stop traffic, the gear is either too low or too high. Unable to shift correctly. Jerky harsh ride in town driving. Fuel economy is much poorer than the stated.

Impresive Audi
By bomy on 06/20/09 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

The lease for my MB ML320 ended so I did some shopping around. I've tried Acura RDX and MDX and I had serious concern on passenger safety and lack of visibility. The same experience I had with Infiniti. MB GLK is really repulsive in design and BMW is still in the works to replace the outdated X3. Q5 was the best choice that I could have made. The design is outstanding, craftsmanship on the same level. Nice gadgets and the rooftop made my life so easy in convincing my wife: a 10 out of 10.

I love this car!
By Audisreallydorock on 06/09/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car is such a big upgrade from our 2006 X3 (which we loved), I can only begin to describe it. Comfortable, huge acceleration, great steering, excellent visibility. Perfect car for our little family driving around the city. Plenty of room for car seats, strollers, groceries, etc. and looks good enough to bring out for a night on the town. Little nits: side mirrors are too big, auto-dimming rear view mirror dims too often, and brakes are a tad squishy for my taste. But, I love driving this car. Best car we've owned. By far. Including my BMW 328 (blasphemy!). Compared the Volvo XC60, Mazda CX-9, BMW X5, Acura MDX, Lexus RX350: this was a no brainer.

Nice ride
By WahooDDS on 06/06/09 09:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Excellent all-around luxury SUV. Traded in our 2004 Volvo XC 90 (transmission problems). Looked at the Volvo XC60 and Lexus RX 350 among several others. After the dealer let us take the demo for a weekend we were sold. The ride is far more superior and has many luxury features in a very attractive package, inside and out. This car is just plain fun to drive and exudes quality. We are getting about 21 mpg overall (majority city driving).

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi Q5 Suv in VA is:

$124 per month*