Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

Most Helpful|
Audi owner
By audialways

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my sixth Audi and the second SUV. Although I love the Q7, I didn't need one that big. I traded it in for the new Q5 and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Audis are very strong and safe cars to drive; they handle the roads so well; especially in these New England winters. There is a sense of security when driving them that I have not felt with other brands.

Favorite Features

The quattro system.

Suggested Improvements

A manual that's less wordy and more simple to understand.

Avoid this over engineered junk
By RK

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful vehicle and lots of fun to drive. Great interior. Excellent manners even on Illinois pot holded roads. Now the bad news. Quality issues from day one. Spent more time in the service shop than in my garage. Had issues with audio system, numerous unexplainable warning lights that pop up and go away on their own. Head gasket leaks after 6 months. I don't believe I bought a lemon. Seems many owners seem to have quality issues. Don't fall for the looks. I'm through buying over engineered junk from Germany.

Favorite Features

Interior. Driving manners. Great sounding audio (when it worked).

Suggested Improvements

Quality.

Side mirror/ hatch back dr/ Cruise contr
By Dragonfly

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy my car and it is awesome looking but the side mirrors are too big to be point that I even had an accident because of them.1st time in 37 years and the hatch back door needs to be automatic in all models. Cruise control is terrible as it is an instant when you try to change the set speed. Other than that, all else is great. Dragonfly

Suggested Improvements

smaller side mirror/ hatch back door automatic closing and cruise control needs to be instant instead of the delay it encounters every time you try changing the speed

Great Ride & Performance- GPS lacking
By metsknicksfan

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Prestige Q5 rides like a sport sedan. Great acceleration (especially in sport mode), and responsive steering. I was really surprised on my first all highway trip (approx 75 miles), when I averaged 29.1 mpg! The ride is a bit bumpy on side street streets. Great access to rear storage due to low entry. Seats fold easily. Bang and Olefsun sound system is awesome. The GPS leaves a lot to be desired. The "point of interest's" do not let you choose ANY retail stores. Good luck trying to find nearest Home Depot, Staples, Target, or supermarket- NOT HAPPENING. The restaurant search is a basic listing- can't choose cuisine- Italian, Japanese, etc. My $200 Garmin GPS is far superior.

Favorite Features

Sport mode shifter, B and O sound system, Keyless entry, handling, fuel efficiency, great visibility from drivers seat, back up camera, awesome panoramic roof, large side mirrors, Blue tooth, overall body styling, rear center fold down/pass through , hill descent control, voice activated commands.

Suggested Improvements

GPS- 40 gig storage (10 gig for music), but cannot search specific retail stores (only shopping centers), nor restaurants by cuisine. If you need to search only specific address's, it works well. The MMI system is a bit confusing, requires a 60 minute training session. Make user friendly please!

Great car! Just take care of it!
By stimm32

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this car with 24,000 miles on it, and we have all the service records. The owners before us were very meticulous, and they had very few issues, and we have now put 6,000 miles on it and still have had no problems. The review that complains about having to replace the brakes at 30k is driving in the city constantly, I can tell because they also had to have the carbon build-up cleaned. Carbon build-up is a fact of life for direct injected engines, but when the car is driven at highway speed, the combustion chamber gets hot enough to burn off the carbon. Also, take care of your car. Change the oil with VW 502 00 approved oil every 5,000 miles, and keep up on scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Power, agility, MMI, navigation, silent cabin (you could whisper to someone going 100 MPH), power lift gate, advanced key, smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

Only issue would be that the suspension is a little firm, but to soften it would compromise handling.