Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

Audi Q5 - Great SUV!
By Phil in Dallas

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My wife in on her second Audi (first an A4, now an A6). I'm the "designated SUV driver" in the family. I had a 5 year old Nissan Murano, which performed well and was a good value, but I've always been jealous of my wife's Audi(s). I looked at several mid-sized SUV's as a replacement, but none compared with the Q5. It drives like a sport sedan, with all of the comfort and convenience of a SUV. The size is perfect for getting around downtown and parking spaces, but it feels very large inside.

Favorite Features

The fit and finish are first class and have a high end feel, as is generally the case with Audi. The design of the interior can't be beat and overall, a very good use of space. Aggressive looking exterior.

Suggested Improvements

Agree with other reviewers regarding the large ash tray in the front console. This space would have been much better used as storage for a cell phone or other items.

Awesome, almost perfect, Audi
By Elle

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car looks and handles great. It is fun to drive, has plenty of cargo space, and has a great sound system. I came from a Mercedes with every bell and whistle imaginable and with this car, don't miss it. I agree that the side mirrors are too big and take getting used to. I do also agree the the shifting of the gears when breaking can be a little jerky- I may just need to get used to it.

Favorite Features

Looks, drive, and size.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller side view mirrors. Automatic trunk closer on premium model. Larger center console space. Speedometer is set up strangely though, you can have the speed displayed digitally on the dash.

Best In Its Class
By Bignewf

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2004 VW Touareg V8 with 125,000 miles. I love this new car. It drives like a dream, a sports car feel with the high ride of an SUV. The interior is simply elegant (I got the Cinnamon brown leather and deep blue exterior), premium plus with Navigation and 19inch wheels. My closest choice was the Volvo XC60, which is also a great car, but the MMI system on the Audi is just, well, cool. The volvo's nav feels very old school and clunky. My only criticism of this car is that when the back seats fold down, there is a gap across the cargo area that a dog's feet could get caught in. Also, the MMI phone system is a dial rather than buttons and plugging in for voicemail is a pain.

Favorite Features

Elegant interior finish, comfort, smooth ride and tight steering. MMI system is awesome and voice control is pretty accurate and intuitive.

Suggested Improvements

Fix fold down back seats to be flt and remove gap. Fix MMI phone system with touch screen.

Great Ride & Performance- GPS lacking
By metsknicksfan

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Prestige Q5 rides like a sport sedan. Great acceleration (especially in sport mode), and responsive steering. I was really surprised on my first all highway trip (approx 75 miles), when I averaged 29.1 mpg! The ride is a bit bumpy on side street streets. Great access to rear storage due to low entry. Seats fold easily. Bang and Olefsun sound system is awesome. The GPS leaves a lot to be desired. The "point of interest's" do not let you choose ANY retail stores. Good luck trying to find nearest Home Depot, Staples, Target, or supermarket- NOT HAPPENING. The restaurant search is a basic listing- can't choose cuisine- Italian, Japanese, etc. My $200 Garmin GPS is far superior.

Favorite Features

Sport mode shifter, B and O sound system, Keyless entry, handling, fuel efficiency, great visibility from drivers seat, back up camera, awesome panoramic roof, large side mirrors, Blue tooth, overall body styling, rear center fold down/pass through , hill descent control, voice activated commands.

Suggested Improvements

GPS- 40 gig storage (10 gig for music), but cannot search specific retail stores (only shopping centers), nor restaurants by cuisine. If you need to search only specific address's, it works well. The MMI system is a bit confusing, requires a 60 minute training session. Make user friendly please!

Audi owner
By audialways

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is my sixth Audi and the second SUV. Although I love the Q7, I didn't need one that big. I traded it in for the new Q5 and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Audis are very strong and safe cars to drive; they handle the roads so well; especially in these New England winters. There is a sense of security when driving them that I have not felt with other brands.

Favorite Features

The quattro system.

Suggested Improvements

A manual that's less wordy and more simple to understand.