Used 2009 Audi Q5 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi Q5 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Audi Q5 SUV

3.2 Premium quattro 3.2L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic - (55 reviews )

Great car! Just take care of it!
By stimm32

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased this car with 24,000 miles on it, and we have all the service records. The owners before us were very meticulous, and they had very few issues, and we have now put 6,000 miles on it and still have had no problems. The review that complains about having to replace the brakes at 30k is driving in the city constantly, I can tell because they also had to have the carbon build-up cleaned. Carbon build-up is a fact of life for direct injected engines, but when the car is driven at highway speed, the combustion chamber gets hot enough to burn off the carbon. Also, take care of your car. Change the oil with VW 502 00 approved oil every 5,000 miles, and keep up on scheduled maintenance.

Favorite Features

Power, agility, MMI, navigation, silent cabin (you could whisper to someone going 100 MPH), power lift gate, advanced key, smooth engine.

Suggested Improvements

Only issue would be that the suspension is a little firm, but to soften it would compromise handling.

German engineered nonsense
By gigles

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Instead of going into a long winded review of my 2009 Audi Q5, i will simply list the warranty work that has been performed thus far: - replaced center console - replaced water pump - replaced exterior HID light system - repaired gas lid - replaced rear hatch struts - removed engine for DE-carbon (3 full days) - replaced fuel injection - replaced steering rod & pump Non warranty: - replaced brakes and rotors (30K)

Avoid this over engineered junk
By RK

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beautiful vehicle and lots of fun to drive. Great interior. Excellent manners even on Illinois pot holded roads. Now the bad news. Quality issues from day one. Spent more time in the service shop than in my garage. Had issues with audio system, numerous unexplainable warning lights that pop up and go away on their own. Head gasket leaks after 6 months. I don't believe I bought a lemon. Seems many owners seem to have quality issues. Don't fall for the looks. I'm through buying over engineered junk from Germany.

Favorite Features

Interior. Driving manners. Great sounding audio (when it worked).

Suggested Improvements

Quality.

Complete Package
By forum24

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I don't know what is happening with the people who are claiming to have such catastrophic problems with their Q5's. I myself and two other acquaintances all bought Q5's last spring or summer. Between the 3 cars, none of us have experienced a single problem with any of them, and I have put 16,000 miles on in the first year alone. I had leased several Lexus’s prior, and was reluctant to change brands specifically because I was worried about reliability: I did, and have never been happier. This car is gorgeous, comfortable and has more features than I could get in the Lexus for a comparable price- and as of now, the Audi is more reliable!

Favorite Features

Ipod interface, Bluetooth that recognizes names out of my phone book, and voice control that actually hears what I'm saying correctly.

Suggested Improvements

None. The car is perfect.

Many problems
By jackiew

2009 Audi Q5 SUV 3.2 Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This car was my first luxury car and what a disappointment. Engine light comes on and stays on but dealer can't find a problem. Air conditioner works sometimes. Has a problem restarting when gassing up. Service not what is promised in the sales pitch. Would sell tomorrow if I could get my money back. My husband has driven several luxury cars without these kind of headaches.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Obviously has some flaws that Audi needs to stand behind and fix without inconveniencing the customer