2016 Audi Q3 SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Q3 model:

Audi does it again!
By Linda B

2016 Audi Q3 SUV Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the performance and the connection to the road, the logical interior layout and equipment without stupid extras . My biggest criticism is the height of the media/nav window that you cannot get rid of- cannot fold down or black out. I am 5' talk and it is right at eye level and VERY distracting to drive with, more so at night! If I cannot get used to it... It might make me reconsider the car- which I LOVE on every other level!!!

Safety crash tests
By Steve C

2016 Audi Q3 SUV Premium Plus 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am shopping for a Q3 or Tiguan or Jeep Cherokee. The Vw and Jeep show 5 star crash and safety ratings on stickers but I have not been able to find these test results on the Q3. I own a W Q5 and the rating is available What Gives Wudi

Don't waste your money!
By Brian M

2016 Audi Q3 SUV Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This 2016, Audi Q-3, Prestige Quattro, is a nice design. PROS: The colors are great both Inside (chestnut brown leather) and Out (cuvée silver metallic). The car holds the road firmly and has a good ride. The steering is crisp and the breaking is excellent. Headlights are awesome when driving at night on unlit roadways. Seats are fairly comfortable with the Sport Package that was included as an option. However, not nearly as comfortable as the seats in an A-4. Sight lines out of the car are great.
CONS: the electronics (Nav, phone, Wi-Fi) are a little difficult to get used to, but can be handled with some practice. Heated seats take forever to warm up. Rear view camera takes too long to turn off after shifting back to a forward gear. The only engine available for this car, 2.0 L / 4 cylinder / TFSI, that produces 200 hp & 207 ft-lb torque, is minimally enough for the car. And that's with just me as the driver. If I had 3 other adult passengers in the car with me, the engine would struggle even more to get the car moving. The 6 speed transmission seems to do a good job, but could certainly use more support from the engine. And, driving the car in the "S" gear to get the engine more power, forget about it! The gas mileage would be terrible for a 4 cylinder engine.
I think the worst part is that this same 2.0 L engine with 6 speed transmission is used in several other Audi models. But, they have way more hp and engine torque and even get way better gas mileage. Unfortunately, this car/crossover/ SUV paired with this weak engine does not live up to the standards set by this brand's other proven models. Quite the let down!

Right size, right price, good dealer support
By JH Bodurtha

2016 Audi Q3 SUV Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is not a GTO! But, it's perfect for my wife who wants a very safe car with blind side warning, 4 wheel drive for a snowy Boston area uphill driveway and comfortable seating. Just the right hight to get in and out easily and still sit up a bit so you can see. The back seat is cozy, but easily handles two grandkids. Very quiet interior (compared to a Camry): all the technology requires re-education, but it works well. Not sure about maintenance costs, but initial reports are good and frequency of oil changes and the like are every 10,000 to 15,000 miles after a dealer paid 5,000 mile =checkup

2016 Q3 Prestige with Sport Package
By Guy Yowell

2016 Audi Q3 SUV Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently took my wife's 2011 Q5 in for routine service, and the dealer gave me the Q3 as a loaner car. I was very impressed with the ride versus my 2011 A3 TDI. So when I went back to pick up my wife's car, I decided to sit down with a salesperson to discuss the possibility of trading in my A3. The deals they were offering were excellent, and I just wasn't willing to wait to see how Audi was going to resolve the emission issue affecting the 2.0 TDI engines.

So far, I'm extremely happy with my decision. The Q3 with Prestige and Sport Packages is a real step up from my 2011 A3 TDI. The ride is extremely comfortable and the cabin is incredibly quiet. Incidentally, on previous occasions, I also had the opportunity to drive the 2015 A3 Sedan for an extended period as a loaner car, and the Q3 feels a lot nicer to drive. The handling with the 19" tires included with the Sport Package is really impressive. It doesn't handle like an SUV at all. The car accelerates very evenly and the transmission shifts very smoothly. The exterior and all of the interior finishes are just beautiful! The Bose Audio system included with the Prestige Package sounds great, and I love how seamlessly my iPhone connects (via Bluetooth) to play all of my audio files.

My only disappointment is the relatively poor fuel economy for an SUV in this class. In fact, the fuel economy is essentially the same as my wife's Q5 which is significantly larger and heavier. It's especially painful because I was averaging nearly 42 miles/gallon with my A3 TDI. However, it's unclear whether or not these fuel economy figures would have been impacted by whatever solution Audi/Volkswagen comes up with to meet the emission requirements.

For me, it's the perfect compromise of size, comfort, quality, and luxury. I also considered the BMW X1 and the Mercedes GLA, but these two alternatives were significantly more expensive when comparably equipped. The Q3 is really an excellent value and I'm looking forward to years of driving this exceptional vehicle.