Used 1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Audi Cabriolet - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Most Helpful|
I'm in love!
By Julie

1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible 2dr Convertible

I can only say great things about this car. It has been a sheer joy to drive and it looks incredibly beautiful. Good luck finding one!

Favorite Features

Looks and performance.

Suggested Improvements

None

Beautiful, but only to the eye.
By Random Beast

1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible 2dr Convertible

This vehicle is very, very attractive. Mechanically it has been very disappointing. The engine is lame. I don't need a power house but this engine is simply not eager. We've had many problems with this car, passenger seat jammed, engine light on consistently, front suspension issues, roof won't open all the time, driver window regulator blew, fuel gauge inaccurate and fails, replaced fuel tank evaporator valve, seats squeak, replace engine seals due to oil leaks, water pump failed early, cigarette lighter doesn't work, radio antennae mast failed, trunk lid struts failed and other minor irritants. The car isn't as good a handling vehicle as my '97 BMW. Fuel economy isn't stellar. Don't buy 1!

Favorite Features

Convertible top when it works. Beautiful styling and the metallic white is stunning.

Suggested Improvements

Drive train and pretty much any of the fragile working parts. This car is riddled with them. See review details.

Sweet Convertible Cruiser
By Sicario

1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible 2dr Convertible

Bought this one owner Audi Cabriolet 2 years ago, drive it only in the summer (top has never been up ). A real head turner, and always draws comments when parked. V6 not powerful, no electric seats, no tilt steering, but fun as all hell to drive, no problems to date.

Favorite Features

If your looking for a cheap under 10K Cruising Convert. this car is it.

Suggested Improvements

Could use tilt steering wheel and electric seats. Plastic rear window, but I never have the top up anyway.

Great little car
By Amanda

1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible 2dr Convertible

I have driven this car for several years and really have enjoyed it. It runs well, the top is easy to operate, and most importantly, it is reliable. This car is distinct and well crafted, without a ton of bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

heated seats- in the winter, this is handy

Be careful
By scott

1997 Audi Cabriolet Convertible 2dr Convertible

I love this car as far as ride and handling goes. Fuel economy is not what I expected. It has a tendency to be a money pit with regards to constant minor repairs. The quality of the car leaves one baffled when you consider the association of the name. Although, as I said I like the ride and handling, it is most doubtful that I would ever buy another one.

Suggested Improvements

Take the time to put quality in the car when it is built. Way too many aggravating minor repairs, not to mention cost of replacement parts.