Used 2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

I love my Audi Alroad
By JennIfer Gierok (guy rock)

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Best used car I have ever owned hands down. Even runs better than some new cars I have owned. Great acceleration,handling,braking. So parts are a little more expensive but it's worth it. Plus how cool looking is an Audi anyways?

Best car I have owned
By James Kasameyer

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This car is still as good as the reviews from 2004-5 paint it. Luxurious, well equipped, safe, phenomenally practical in all weathers and great for those of us who ski, canoe, back pack, etc. I carry plant material in the back, and dimensional lumber on the roof rack. I actually use the adjustable height suspension in snowy conditions, beach driving, and unpaved back roads. It works and adjusts on the fly. But the best part is the engine: great torque, great sound, and it gives the allroad very good acceleration and passing performance. I had looked at 2.7l allroads in the early 2000s, and was put off by their lack of punch. Bought Saab 9-5 Aeros instead. Have owned Audis, BMWs, old Porsches before. Car before this was hotrod Outback. In terms of overall performance, this is the best.
There are some drawbacks. I bought this car 18 months ago, with 60,000 miles on it. It now has nearly 80,000. It is expensive to maintain. I have had to replace large parts of the air suspension system and odd mechanical gremlins are present. Navigation system and cabin electronics are historical artifacts. Previous owners had broken or mislaid interior and exterior trim parts. Nevertheless, this car may become a hobby as well as a mode of transportation. I already have more money in it than I could get out of it, but what could I replace it with?

New Used Quattro
By mercedes01

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Well designed auto.
Very comfortable.
We enjoy driving.
Some difficulty steering, I assume because of the all wheel drive.
My wife loves it.
Plenty of room compared to other vechicles in it category.
I'd recommend at least a look.

Aways Allroad
By Scuzzy

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Sleekly designed wagon with break neck acceleration (biTurbo). Will reach 80 mph on the highway in a flash (watch out for speed traps)! AWD keeps this beast glued to the road - especially in the rain. Every imaginable (and distractable) creature comfort exists in the cockpit. Seats are "La-Z-boy" comfortable. Red lit interior buttons at night send the coolness factor through the roof! Factory installed Bose 6 speaker sound system rocks my entire block!

AWD, folding side-view mirrors, acceleration.

None - leave it as it is.

By Matt

2005 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It was a dream wagon but turned out to be a nightmare. Goes through tires and brakes with at an incredibly fast pace due to its enormous weight. The suspension is a huge selling point giving you that capability but it was a hassle from day one with failures in the electronics and controls. There were numerous times where the check engine light would come on due to failed electric sensors. The V6, although a twin turbo unit, is underpowered for a car this heavy. I came to know the Audi A3 inside and out as I was in a service loaner A3 more than my actual car as it was in the shop ALL THE TIME. Never own one out of warranty. The warranty companies wont cover them anymore due to its reputation.

Has many standard luxury features

All of it. Seriously, it was a headache from day one.