2004 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Review: German cars are expensive but

2004 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Review

2004 Audi allroad quattro

Base Wagon (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 5-speed Automatic)

German cars are expensive but in my experience reliable if cared for properly as with any car
By content4evr on

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned my 2004 Audi Allroad 2.7T V6 automatic for 7 years.
Still enjoy getting myself behind the wheel each morning.
Given the fact I've pampered the vehicle in a garage for all this time and brought it in for routine maintenance religiously using nothing but synthetic oils, this vehicle has returned the favor by giving me reliable service and performance for 135k and counting. When the time comes to swtich to a new car I have no idea what I'm going to do.
This car is the perfect blend of German performance, design, luxury, all-weather ruggedness, space and utilitarian conveniences. Can't think of another vehicle in todays market that blend these qualities as well as the Allroad!

This car shines on the highway with it's handling and passing prowess. German engineering at it's finest! Owned a bmw 3 series prior to the Audi and before that a mercedes E class. This Audi falls somewhere in between the bmw's nibble handling and mercedes soft suspension. The perfect combination of agility and comfort. Love all the upscale touches my Allroad has that are still options in todays finer vehicles like the adaptive suspension, rear as well as front heated seats, pivotting xenon headlights, brake assist and power steering assist.

As much as I like the option of controlling the height and the clearance of my Allroad with the adaptive suspension, Audi could have used better factory quality air bladders. When I had to replace the front pair I picked up a set from Arnott Inc which guarentees them for life. 75k miles later, so far so good. Bottom line is, expect to pay more in maintenance costs and parts when purchasing a luxury brand of any make. But in terms of performance, reliablity and satisfaction I give this vehicle 5 stars.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review