Used 2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

great all weather car
By steeltag

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this at 137k miles so some of the well known problems/maintenance had been performed already. It now has 145k miles and I really like it! superb all weather traction/capability, comfortable, quiet and powerful Since this is a 6 spd manual car, no troublesome auto tranny issues, but will need a clutch b4 long, Needs both front cv axles replaced (normal wear item), and some oil leaks fixed. I think this is a great USED car buy IF....proper maintenance has performed and you don't take it to the DEALER, get good independent mechanic.

heated seats, bose sirius stereo system, AWD, adjustable suspension reflashed computer w/a performance tune APR, really nice hp/torque improvement...highly recommended.

known oil leaks, upper control arms wear way to fast, a few minor plastic 'creaking' from doors...they don't close like a Mercedes for sure.

2004 Audi Allroad - Super Car 2.7 V6 Biturbo
By stevoid123

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car used from a dealer in Rockland Ontario. It's a 2004 Allroad 2.7 V6 5-spd automatc. I was able to find the Audi dealer in Montreal who serviced the car and obtained all the service records from Audi. There was a 50$ service charge but well worth it. The previous owner's name was blacked out but all details were there indicating full professional service and verifying the mileage. After a few weeks I had to replace 2 front upper control arms and fix a transmission oil leak. After 18 months I decided to upgrade the air suspension.

Super car - fast - excellent handling - especially at level one - comfortable - very good looking - excellent for 4 adults - even 5 sometimes. Great combination of practicality and luxury. Memory (2-tone leather) seats and mirrors are vey useful on long journeys with frequent driver switches. The rear seats have heaters and a separate A/C outlet as well as personal overhead lights. The windows have roll down sun shades. The back seat has a roll-up dog screen! The RHS mirror dip when parallel parking. What a package of useful features!

I figured after 8 yrs and 92000 km eventually the air suspension would start to sag. I got Arnott aftermarket air springs and a new air compressor (also from Arnott) and fitted them to the car. Ride is exactly the same but now I have real confidence in the air suspension. The key leaky spots in the air suspension are the 2 O-rings in each air spring. Having all new O-rings is re-assuring. The spare sucks! It's an inflatable with a supplied compressor. I'd rather have a full size spare as we have in our other Audi, an A4.

Adore my allroad
By ftauber

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my Lexus RX300 for this 04 Allroad three years ago. The Lexus was wonderful and reliable but the Allroad is so much more fun to drive. The Allroad has 170k and it drives like a new car. I have had some minor problems brake light switch, window regulator, temp sensor, water pump, 1 front ball joint, spark plug coils, 1 cv joint and brake pads. in the last 50k. I have owned a BMW 540i and although I loved it the Allroad is even more fun to drive. My wife drives a Volvo XR-70 which is a wonderful auto but it cannot compare to my Allroad in the fun to drive catagory. My biggest delema now is what to buy next so I have decided to keep this Allroad as long as I can

All wheel drive for my Montreal climate. Acceleration and handling especially for a wagon. Comfortable seating. Adjustable suspension

AWESOME CAR! nothing like it on the road
By joedepaul

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Got over 100K miles and drives better than great. Recently forked over a grand to get belts and pump changed as is routine for a vehicle with these many miles. Worth every penny for peace of mind. I can't say enough about the styling. There's no other car out there in this class, new or old, that looks this good. You would think the interior would be dated but looks better than a lot of the newer luxury brands out there. The car looks great both inside and out! Quality superb! Driving dynamics and performance will keep pace with a brand new german or japanese sports sedan any day of the week. \And I have never, NEVER EVER driven a better car or SUV in the snow! AWESOME CAR!

Heated front and rear seats great for winter. Adjustable suspension great for snow clearance. I've always thought Audi audio systems are superior to any other German or Japanese make and the Allroad is no exception.

Wish luxury car makers didn't discontinue the wagons because I think it's the perfect blend of everyday driving and utility. If Audi, BMW and Volvo don't revive the wagon brand I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I hit 200K. Don't want to get into a high-rise SUV simply for the utility and sedans are just too impracticle for my purposes.

German cars are expensive but in my experience reliable if cared for properly as with any car
By content4evr

2004 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I've owned my 2004 Audi Allroad 2.7T V6 automatic for 7 years. Still enjoy getting myself behind the wheel each morning. Given the fact I've pampered the vehicle in a garage for all this time and brought it in for routine maintenance religiously using nothing but synthetic oils, this vehicle has returned the favor by giving me reliable service and performance for 135k and counting. When the time comes to swtich to a new car I have no idea what I'm going to do. This car is the perfect blend of German performance, design, luxury, all-weather ruggedness, space and utilitarian conveniences. Can't think of another vehicle in todays market that blend these qualities as well as the Allroad!

This car shines on the highway with it's handling and passing prowess. German engineering at it's finest! Owned a bmw 3 series prior to the Audi and before that a mercedes E class. This Audi falls somewhere in between the bmw's nibble handling and mercedes soft suspension. The perfect combination of agility and comfort. Love all the upscale touches my Allroad has that are still options in todays finer vehicles like the adaptive suspension, rear as well as front heated seats, pivotting xenon headlights, brake assist and power steering assist.

As much as I like the option of controlling the height and the clearance of my Allroad with the adaptive suspension, Audi could have used better factory quality air bladders. When I had to replace the front pair I picked up a set from Arnott Inc which guarentees them for life. 75k miles later, so far so good. Bottom line is, expect to pay more in maintenance costs and parts when purchasing a luxury brand of any make. But in terms of performance, reliablity and satisfaction I give this vehicle 5 stars.