Used 2004 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Reviews

2004 Audi allroad quattro

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

LOVE my Allroad!
By gg1204

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

OK everyone....I am the original owner of my 2004 Allroad and was married to an Audi Tech, which helped of course with repairs. He would always tell me my
allroad was the exception. I have had very little repair or major issues until past year. I am right now at 226,000 miles on it. I replaced alternator last year and am doing front axle repairs. I have pretty much replaced all air suspension and am on lifetime warranties all 4 wheels with Arnott. My car has been in my driveway now for two weeks and transmission shot. Im debating what to do and working with local tech who has an allroad sitting. Debating whether to do transmisison on mine or buy other allroad or somehow make one great allroad. Im not in a position where I can buy new right now, so decisions are forthcoming...Hmmm

great all weather car
By steeltag

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this at 137k miles so some of the well known problems/maintenance had been performed already.
It now has 145k miles and I really like it!
superb all weather traction/capability, comfortable, quiet and powerful
Since this is a 6 spd manual car, no troublesome auto tranny issues, but will need a clutch b4 long, Needs both front cv axles replaced (normal wear item), and some oil leaks fixed.
I think this is a great USED car buy IF....proper maintenance has performed and you don't take it to the
DEALER, get good independent mechanic.

heated seats, bose sirius stereo system, AWD, adjustable suspension reflashed computer w/a performance tune APR, really nice hp/torque improvement...highly recommended.

known oil leaks, upper control arms wear way to fast, a few minor plastic 'creaking' from doors...they don't close like a Mercedes for sure.

2004 Audi Allroad - Super Car 2.7 V6 Biturbo
By stevoid123

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this car used from a dealer in Rockland Ontario. It's a 2004 Allroad 2.7 V6 5-spd automatc.
I was able to find the Audi dealer in Montreal who serviced the car and obtained all the service records from Audi. There was a 50$ service charge but well worth it. The previous owner's name was blacked out but all details were there indicating full professional service and verifying the mileage. After a few weeks I had to replace 2 front upper control arms and fix a transmission oil leak. After 18 months I decided to upgrade the air suspension.

Super car - fast - excellent handling - especially at level one - comfortable - very good looking - excellent for 4 adults - even 5 sometimes. Great combination of practicality and luxury. Memory (2-tone leather) seats and mirrors are vey useful on long journeys with frequent driver switches. The rear seats have heaters and a separate A/C outlet as well as personal overhead lights. The windows have roll down sun shades. The back seat has a roll-up dog screen! The RHS mirror dip when parallel parking. What a package of useful features!

I figured after 8 yrs and 92000 km eventually the air suspension would start to sag. I got Arnott aftermarket air springs and a new air compressor (also from Arnott) and fitted them to the car. Ride is exactly the same but now I have real confidence in the air suspension. The key leaky spots in the air suspension are the 2 O-rings in each air spring. Having all new O-rings is re-assuring. The spare sucks! It's an inflatable with a supplied compressor. I'd rather have a full size spare as we have in our other Audi, an A4.

Adore my allroad
By ftauber

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded my Lexus RX300 for this 04 Allroad three years ago. The Lexus was wonderful and reliable but the Allroad is so much more fun to drive.
The Allroad has 170k and it drives like a new car.
I have had some minor problems brake light switch, window regulator, temp sensor, water pump, 1 front ball joint, spark plug coils, 1 cv joint and brake pads. in the last 50k.
I have owned a BMW 540i and although I loved it the Allroad is even more fun to drive.
My wife drives a Volvo XR-70 which is a wonderful auto but it cannot compare to my Allroad in the fun to drive catagory.
My biggest delema now is what to buy next so I have decided to keep this Allroad as long as I can

All wheel drive for my Montreal climate. Acceleration and handling especially for a wagon. Comfortable seating. Adjustable suspension

AWESOME CAR! nothing like it on the road
By joedepaul

2004 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Got over 100K miles and drives better than great. Recently forked over a grand to get belts and pump changed as is routine for a vehicle with these many miles. Worth every penny for peace of mind. I can't say enough about the styling. There's no other car out there in this class, new or old, that looks this good. You would think the interior would be dated but looks better than a lot of the newer luxury brands out there. The car looks great both inside and out! Quality superb!
Driving dynamics and performance will keep pace with a brand new german or japanese sports sedan any day of the week. \And I have never, NEVER EVER driven a better car or SUV in the snow! AWESOME CAR!

Heated front and rear seats great for winter. Adjustable suspension great for snow clearance. I've always thought Audi audio systems are superior to any other German or Japanese make and the Allroad is no exception.

Wish luxury car makers didn't discontinue the wagons because I think it's the perfect blend of everyday driving and utility. If Audi, BMW and Volvo don't revive the wagon brand I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I hit 200K. Don't want to get into a high-rise SUV simply for the utility and sedans are just too impracticle for my purposes.