Used 2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi Allroad-quattro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

My 6th Audi - they keep getting better
By wwbeagle

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Why would anyone get an SUV? Beats me.

Favorite Features

The suspension, or is it the twin turbo

Suggested Improvements

Sport version; bigger brakes

Moved up to an Allroad
By PDXJG

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We have put almost 7k miles on this car since we purchased it it the end of Jan. 03. I was originally going to replace my A4 with an A4 Avant, but travel / space requirements moved me up to the Allroad. This vehicles took some time to get used to after my 1.8T. But, driving to Central Oregon through rain, snow, etc. has been a joy. The acceleration through the mountains is fanastic. I was able to pass at times where the A4 required major advanced planning. The family/ friends also appreicate the extra room in the back seat. I have been averaging 20.2 mpg. For the weight of this vehicle, this is not too bad.

Favorite Features

With the adjustable height & AWD of the Allroad, I have been able to go everywhere I had taken my old Exploder, without having to be driving a SUV.

Suggested Improvements

2 Items: a: rain sensing wipers, similar to BWM's; b: better sunroof design( it can not be opened completely w/o getting your ear drums thumped).

Most beautiful wagon-who needs an SUV
By mazzy

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

An amazing car. It is too bad that Ausio chose nor to heavily promote this vehicle. It is probably one of the best designed wagons- hrbids ever made. An amazing ride!

Suggested Improvements

get rid of the slight acceleration lag after stopping. Audi somehow has this preset and it is a bad idea!

not my parents' wagon
By Haz

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Shopped wagons for new family but still love to drive. Tested Passats, Volvo XC, Saab, BMW 3 & X5, Audi A6. All good cars but 2003 allroad really stood out. Looks cool, great build quality, perfect utility, spacious, top comforts, quick and fast. Turbo puts your head back and no lag with manual. Handling softer than our A4 wider steering, longer shifter throws, occ tire give in fast corners but still always a hoot. For a wagon it dazzles. We actually use variable susp (low hghwy, high city) with very different drive feel. More money than runner-up Passat but way more fun.

Favorite Features

turbo engine, utility, interior comfort, seats, stereo, overall quality, performance for wagon/crossover class, safety features

Suggested Improvements

combined driving 17 MPG

sporty & fun to drive
By Tkylo

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The car is extremely safe & well built. I needed something safe to drive around in with my family. I also love the allroad feature plus that you can raise & lower the vehicle, this came very handy with all the snow that we had this year. The vehicle really sticks to the road. It has a sporty appearance & the quality & elegance of German engineering. I also own an Audi A4 and remain a loyal Audi customer. The Service departments & customer service are excellant. You are treated like a King.

Favorite Features

Allroad's capability of raising & lowering the vehicle for any terrain or ground clearance you require.

Suggested Improvements

GPS system should be sandard feature.