2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:
My 6th Audi - they keep getting better
By wwbeagle on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Why would anyone get an SUV? Beats me.

Moved up to an Allroad
By PDXJG on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

We have put almost 7k miles on this car since we purchased it it the end of Jan. 03. I was originally going to replace my A4 with an A4 Avant, but travel / space requirements moved me up to the Allroad. This vehicles took some time to get used to after my 1.8T. But, driving to Central Oregon through rain, snow, etc. has been a joy. The acceleration through the mountains is fanastic. I was able to pass at times where the A4 required major advanced planning. The family/ friends also appreicate the extra room in the back seat. I have been averaging 20.2 mpg. For the weight of this vehicle, this is not too bad.

Most beautiful wagon-who needs an SUV
By mazzy on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

An amazing car. It is too bad that Ausio chose nor to heavily promote this vehicle. It is probably one of the best designed wagons- hrbids ever made. An amazing ride!

not my parents' wagon
By Haz on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Shopped wagons for new family but still love to drive. Tested Passats, Volvo XC, Saab, BMW 3 & X5, Audi A6. All good cars but 2003 allroad really stood out. Looks cool, great build quality, perfect utility, spacious, top comforts, quick and fast. Turbo puts your head back and no lag with manual. Handling softer than our A4 – wider steering, longer shifter throws, occ tire give in fast corners – but still always a hoot. For a wagon it dazzles. We actually use variable susp (low hghwy, high city) with very different drive feel. More money than runner-up Passat but way more fun.

sporty & fun to drive
By Tkylo on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I'm extremely happy with my purchase. The car is extremely safe & well built. I needed something safe to drive around in with my family. I also love the allroad feature plus that you can raise & lower the vehicle, this came very handy with all the snow that we had this year. The vehicle really sticks to the road. It has a sporty appearance & the quality & elegance of German engineering. I also own an Audi A4 and remain a loyal Audi customer. The Service departments & customer service are excellant. You are treated like a King.

utility and comfort
By kwan on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Elegant style, more subtle and comfortable ride than the X5 or ml class. Engine powerful, quiet and smooth, turbo lag is not that apparent once one gets use to the trottle.

Best Car Ever
By kmurphy on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Lots of exclusivity and support from Dealer & Manufacturer

My review
By The Honza on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is totally great idea for the people interested in offroad use and don't want to give up the luxury, in other words those who don't want the hassles of a huge sport utility.

Just leased my second Allroad
By ross1113 on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Had a 2001 for two year with no problems, although turbo lag is less than joyful. But for fit, finish, silence and downright useability it is a superb machine for its avowed purpose. Taking delivery in two weeks on a 2003 Allroad with same equipment and using the $2,000 Audi Loyalty contribution. Wish there were broader exterior color choices and happier less dark interior color combinations - but that aside, this longtime Audi wagon owner is quite happy to go back to zero miles and start again with a totally reliable German high quality machine.

Thought she'd never own an SUV
By FJP_TT on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife just traded an A6 2.7T sedan for her Allroad. She's wanted a wagon for years and hates SUVs & Minivans. She loves AWD, and strong performance so the Allroad is perfect. It's a great blend of interior space, gorgeous interior & brisk performance (the new tiptronic is much more lively than the one in her '00). The more aggressive styling is pleasant without being overly masculine. We would do without the variable suspension, since we'll never off-road, but it may be useful if we have another winter like the last in PA.