Used 2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Audi Allroad-quattro - Consumer Reviews

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

Be Careful of Automatic Transmission
By connveteran

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

The ZF Automatic Transmission is known to have MAJOR problems in this car. Audi apparently was aware that the 2001-2004 Allroads had bad transmissions but never did a recall The first thing to go is Reverse Gear. It slips when going uphill backwards. Reverse might be okay on level ground but not on inclines/hills. It's a very costly $4,000+ repair and you can't replace it with a used transmission because that one will also probably go bad. It must be rebuilt. Audi changed the transmission in 2004 or 2005 because they were that bad.

Favorite Features

Superb seats, strong European ride, definitely feel secure on the road, and great cargo ability.

Suggested Improvements

What's done is done.

Best Car Ever Made
By carsrfun5

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my Audi Allroad. All of my family and friends can't believe it when they see this car, it is beautiful. It is ULTRA luxury, ULTRA comfort and the nicest car, I have ever owned for what I need - family / sporty enough for a "Guy". It is awesome for my family, trips and just to cruise and it is also a lot of fun when I am alone. It's twin turbo is quick and I have never been so happy and felt so suited with a car for a combination of all my needs and still an unbelievably "hot" car. And if you take trips to the mountain and do any winter driving then this car is a MUST. 5 Stars.

Favorite Features

Engine, Handling, Styling, Comfort, Luxury, need I say more.

Suggested Improvements

It's hard to improve upon something so nice, just follow the techno advancements and keep making this beauty.

It was the best of cars..it was the worst of cars
By good_apple

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased 2003 Allroad in September '05; parted ways in November '11. I chose the car for practicality and a need to be able to get around in winter..no matter what. It was perfect for that and was super comfortable on long trips. The downside: it went through tires and brakes like crazy. I am embarassed to admit how much I spent in repairs: the front suspension bladers, turbos, heater over and over, etc. Even my mechanic told me I could not afford to keep it. I will miss the winter reliability, but not the drain on my bank account.

Favorite Features

Winter driving safety and dependability, comfort and looks

99 Problems but a HŲrch ainít one
By penwolf

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

I killed my Audi today. After almost four years of Allroad ownership I should be qualified to write a thoughtful and informative review of my experience. Alas, Iíve spent more time in and out of cheap rented harlots; Nissan Sentras, Chrysler PTs, Toyota Camrys, KIA Optimas and Chevy Cobalts, while my Audi slept in greasy mechanics shops with her claws on my credit card. If you like money in your pocket, donít buy this Audi. If you like to drive your own car, donít buy this Audi. If you, like me, are a masochist, hell-bent on suffering and burning money, check out the Audi Allroad. My Audi was four years of abject languish, watching something I love destroy itself and my finances.

Do not buy an Allroad
By awdjunkie

2003 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 5A)

These cars are great for a while... like a short while. Like another poster said, each shop visit is going to cost 4 digits and they are going to happen a few times a year... not to mention 800 dollars tires. They are hungry Brake eaters as well... there is another $800 routine maintnance bill. They are money pits, but I did love it when it was behaving.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Ummm... live up to German Engineering being "great" and build a car that will last beyond 100k miles.