Used 2002 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Audi Allroad-quattro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:

Audi Allroad
By Dave

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is AMAZING!!! Great car to cart the kids around and have fun while doing it. The 2.7 twin turbo gives out plenty of performance while the car is still very practical. The car handles extremely well and handles everyday abuse. Will reach very high speeds on the highway with extreme confidence.

Favorite Features

TWIN TURBO!!!! Great sound-system, comfortable seats, heated seats, and great styling.

Suggested Improvements

The air shocks seem a bit unreliable. I have had many problems with them. They have done some weird things over time where the rear end lifts itself way up and the front end is almost touching the ground. I have called the dealership and they came and fixed it both times it happened.

Excellent hwy hauler
By Sven

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this car certified used. Got plenty of compliments about the way it looks (i.e. expensive). People at work were questioning if I got some secret raise. As far as driving the car, it's not quite the drivers car but I knew that coming in. What it excels in is a highway hauler. I needed something to drive up to Lake Tahoe hauling my skis, mtn bike, and friends while cruisng in comfort. Once this car is on the highway it just hauls and is very quiet and comfortable. Much more than an Outback I use to own. Turbo/transmission lag is annoying and heard it can be fixed with an aftermarket ECU. Also when the car is cold it feels like it's running on 4 cylinders.

Favorite Features

Freeway cruising. Highway passing power. Good cargo space. Exterior and interior design. Xenon headlights. Adjustable air suspension. Lots of neat electronic gizmos.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo. For a luxury car this one is horrible. Fix the transmission lag. Fuel economy but what do you expect from a 4K+ pound car with a twin turbo v6 and all wheel drive. My onboard computer seems to be out of wack, avg mpg and miles to next service seems to be calculating incorrectly.

love my car
By terry

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never owned an Audi before my 2002 allroad. it's a solid-feeling, safe car, which is very important to me because I have two small children. I feel in complete control with this car. My last vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee. It had too much play in the steering wheel. I wasn't comfortable on the turns to the extent that I never wanted an suv again. So, with this car I have the 4-wheel drive i need during the winter, but it's low to the ground, comfortable and, again, solid.

Favorite Features

sporty, yet elegant.

A Delight to Drive
By Phoenix traveler

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We wanted SUV performance without the bulk. As occassional off roaders who spend many hours driving long distance freeway miles we were looking for a multi purpose car. The Audi allroad has more than met our expectations.

Favorite Features

Its looks and its flexibility. The seats are great and the "cabin" comfort make long distance traveling a real pleasure.

Suggested Improvements

The turbo lag was an initial issue but once we figured it out it was no longer a problem. The original tires (Goodyear) were a disaster. The Michelin Pilot replacements made a very significant difference in its performance and quietness.

Keep accelerating--it will go eventually
By First and Last Audi

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The acceleration lag in this car in everyday city driving is horrible. In "D" mode, very high RPM before it shifts through the lower gears. "S" mode is a little better. On several occasions, I've stepped on the gas from a stop and literally nothing happens unless the accelerator is pumped. Good thing no oncoming traffic or I would have been a sitting duck. From what I have read on this site, this is not unusual. Anyone have any solid feedback from Audi on this issue?

Favorite Features

None.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the acceleration. Apparently this is being accomplished by changing the engine in newer models.