2002 Audi allroad quattro Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific allroad quattro model:
Excellent hwy hauler
By Sven on 02/27/05 16:52 PM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased this car certified used. Got plenty of compliments about the way it looks (i.e. expensive). People at work were questioning if I got some secret raise. As far as driving the car, it's not quite the drivers car but I knew that coming in. What it excels in is a highway hauler. I needed something to drive up to Lake Tahoe hauling my skis, mtn bike, and friends while cruisng in comfort. Once this car is on the highway it just hauls and is very quiet and comfortable. Much more than an Outback I use to own. Turbo/transmission lag is annoying and heard it can be fixed with an aftermarket ECU. Also when the car is cold it feels like it's running on 4 cylinders.

love my car
By terry on 01/03/05 20:45 PM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never owned an Audi before my 2002 allroad. it's a solid-feeling, safe car, which is very important to me because I have two small children. I feel in complete control with this car. My last vehicle was a Jeep Cherokee. It had too much play in the steering wheel. I wasn't comfortable on the turns to the extent that I never wanted an suv again. So, with this car I have the 4-wheel drive i need during the winter, but it's low to the ground, comfortable and, again, solid.

A Delight to Drive
By Phoenix traveler on 11/15/04 23:21 PM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

We wanted SUV performance without the bulk. As occassional off roaders who spend many hours driving long distance freeway miles we were looking for a multi purpose car. The Audi allroad has more than met our expectations.

Keep accelerating--it will go eventually
By First and Last Audi on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The acceleration lag in this car in everyday city driving is horrible. In "D" mode, very high RPM before it shifts through the lower gears. "S" mode is a little better. On several occasions, I've stepped on the gas from a stop and literally nothing happens unless the accelerator is pumped. Good thing no oncoming traffic or I would have been a sitting duck. From what I have read on this site, this is not unusual. Anyone have any solid feedback from Audi on this issue?

Big Hat, No Cattle...
By markbetsy on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

When I first saw this car, i thought WOW!! that's one cool car. Audi's have usually delivered "the goods" with regard to performance, but, alas this car is somewhat disappointing. turbo lag is very evident (automatic transmission); so far so that a group of disgruntled owners are petitioning audi of america to fix the "problem" as they call it a safety hazard. other HUGE performance problem is with the brake rotors. my allroad has 32,000 miles and i'm on my fourth set...that is completely unacceptable. driver door rattled from the first day, but always intermittently, so the repair guys thought i was an idiot...

belvedere
By jonroe07508 on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

to much turbo lal bad fuel mileage average raod comfort at times very rough but very well built and dependable

allroad -- segment busting since 2001
By TingandCSR on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This vehicle does so many things much better than adequately: blasting down the freeway on the lowest suspension setting, sliding around backwoods Adirondack dirt roads, plowing through snowbanks up on the highest setting, packed full of (heavy) band equipment without noticable wheezing or whining, and then cleaning up very nicely when called upon to do personal limousine duty. The only serious con continues to be the (perhaps) intentionally engineered- in transmission lag ... but allroad drivers learn to use sport or tip mode to lessen its effects.

a fine compromise
By ross1113 on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Aside from the severe color pallete that Audi seems to prefer for offroad vehicles - and interior colors which remind me of the German Army Wermacht uniforms -- the car itself has been totally reliable, does all I have ever asked, and if it were not leased, I would chip the engine and transmission for more oomph both from Stratmosphere in Rush, NY -- but no complaints at all. also have a great dealership.

One of the most amazing cars ever
By AudiR8RRacer on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I cant say anything but WOW. When i got in this car i though it was going to be another station wagon. Boy was i wrong. I stepped on the gas and i thought i was in a sports car. I honestly thought it was a ferrari.

got one
By gotone on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

the car is very sporty-a good small wagon with good rear leg room and great dash layout. Does well in snow with quattro system. Fuel economy could be better and it takes mid-grade- 89octane or better fuel. been getting about 19.5mpg avg. hwy/city mix-up to 23 mpg hwy only. Driver leg room a bit cramped widthwise. The first car I've owned that is actually fun to drive.