2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - What a ride!

2001 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Review

2001 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Base Wagon (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

What a ride!
By Inquisitor on

2001 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had this car for about 3 1/2 years now, and it's been great- the best car I've ever owned. Twin turbo engine mated to AWD and a variable suspension lead to a car both fast (got my first ticket in 10 years in this car) AND utilitarian. I still get looks and the best comment I ever heard was from a little kid who pointed and said, "Daddy, that's a cool-looking car!" Aside from usual wear, there have been very few problems. I'm switching out now, but only because I miss having a manual transmission (which is available for this car- what a mistake not getting it!).

Favorite Features

2.7L engine with twin turbos that generate 250 hp, variable suspension, and simply CAVERNOUS space. Gets lots of attention. The engine is supposed to be easily modifiable to 300+ hp, although I've never given into the temptation.

Suggested Improvements

There is a slight acceleration lag, with considerable debate over whether caused by transmission or turbos. I believe transmission, and that there should be a cure for this.