2001 Audi allroad quattro 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Audi Loyalist

2001 Audi allroad quattro - Consumer Review

Base Wagon (2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

Audi Loyalist
By Audi loyalist on

2001 Audi allroad quattro AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased car used with 48,000 miles but with a six year 100K warranty. Auto has proven to be the most versatile vehicle I have ever owned. Now that the car is getting up in mileage (82,000) I am getting concerned about ownership costs. I had both front air struts replaced at a cost of $2,700 (ouch)and have had two sets of front brake rotors warp and the air bag sensor needed to be replaced, all major items but my extended warranty covered everything except the shocks (coverage expired two weeks before shocks blew). Regardless I have greatly enjoyed the ownership experience and am actually scouring the market for a low mileage 2005 model as no other car on the market comes close.

Favorite Features

Very smooth and powerful engine with responsive acceleration (with 6-sp manual). Interior is a place to behold, very good ergonomics and beautifully designed and executed. Air adjustible ride height came in handy during a 32 inch blizzard in Spring of '03. Optional Bose sound system is first rate.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is overboosted and brake pedal lacks feel. Windshield washer resevior is too small, center armrest 'creaked' from day one and LED lights in digital displays are burning out. Ask me if I care? Still love this car -I have a 2005 BMW 325XI and a classic Porsche 911SC to benchmark it against