2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (26 reviews )
Beautiful Headache
By Blackroad on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

After two plus years and 46,000 miles, I've got mixed feelings. I got the famous 45 mp wobble, a vibration that starts at that speed. The dealer balanced and aligned wheels repeatedly. I lost track of how many brake rotors they replaced. Finally the Audi rep had the dealer replace the TCM (computer software for automatic transmission) and it only wobbles above 65 mph. If that one problem could be resolved I could deal with the initial quality problems (all finally fixed) and I would love this car without reservation. But it's like a nagging headache. I should have waited for a six-speed.

Unlike any other
By climbon on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Amazing car but had several problems that make me fear owning this car after the warranty. Had brake issues and spiral- spring (in the steering wheel). Its a 6-speed and I think the clutch is burning down pretty quickly, but that is not definite yet. Performance for a vehicle like this is untouchable and I love the engine....all I can say is WOW.

snowtoy
By wbk on 06/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

It's been a bombproof car. Amazing in bad weather, quiet comfortable and reliable.

best in class
By d cerone on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have never owned a car that was as much fun the first day as it is today! Pure enjoyment from almost every aspect, except the small pre-turbo lag - what a gas this car is. But speaking of Gas, please make sure you have plenty of cash with you at all times. Mileage is not the best, really its not good at all! From day one everyone has been interested in what the car is and does, I am super happy with my Allroad!

WOW Allroad
By MR t on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Wow what an amazing car! My Allroad has brought me only good things. It's power looks and (hustler) biturbo just makes me smile. I think no other car i've owned (ML430,Acura MDX-never buy and Lexus RX300 has made me happier. It handles like a charm, looks like a doll and out runs most sports cars, with help from my Audi tunning chip(300hp+. I strongly reccomend this car to everyone!

better than any SUV
By ttttm on 04/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

If you are looking in the luxury SUV class (mercedes, bmw, acura mdx, etc) dont miss this one. It is unique, fast, great interior, more ground clearance than a land rover discovery, adjustable suspension, and more luggage space than bmw x-series.