2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.7L V6 Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (26 reviews )
The renaissance vehicle
By DJ95070 on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The allroad has been flawless. Great handling. Most impressive AWD system. Gets me from the coast to the coldest and snowiest places faster than any other vehicle - for the third year in a row. After 40k miles, it's proven itself. Gas mileage has been 21.5mpg average for all my driving - and I love to accelerate!

Beautiful Headache Redux
By Blackroad Again on 03/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I reviewed my car at 46k, now a follow- up at 73k. The headaches are fewer, but the car didn't shape up until after 50k and MANY dealer visits. Audi put on same tires as A8 and balanced them right. Vibration gone. The brake rotors warped after 23K more miles - Audi refuses to help. 3 visits to fix leaky w/washer system. It never ends. I love this car, but never again.

Excellent alternative to SUV
By plymm on 02/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

bought certified pre-owned. Owned car for 6 months now. Very reliable-no mechanical problems. Only issue was getting use to transmission lag-I find there is no turbo lag-the transmission doesn't shift down fast enough (to improve fuel economy) causing lag/hesitation. This issue goes away when you use the tiptronic shifter. I also find the lag gets minimized if you go easy on the gas pedal initially and then lay into it. This also creates a more linear power curve. Been driving it around in NE winter storms. The all wheel drive is capable, but not as sure footed as my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the snow--the Jeep has a slight edge.

Awesome, But. . . . .
By Pedrop on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car more than any others I have ever owned. But the quality leaves a little to be desired. At 5k miles, the power steering pump blew up. At 10k miles the waterpump cracked. Battery kicked out at 12k miles. At 30k miles the air suspension developed a leak - one the dealer kept insisting they could not replicate. All items were eventually taken care of professionally by Audi. But you have to wonder about a car that listed at close to $50k new.

Love it with a couple reservations
By likes to drive on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This has been a great family car!!!!! My husband is European and likes a car that he can really "drive". This works for us, and yes, we text drove everything out there. He drives it with the tiptronic and it gets a bit better gas milage. It is comfortable for long drives, has been steady when driving on flooded and windy roads; and still turns heads in the preschool parking lot. An unexpected benifit of raising the car has been less bending needed when taking the children out of the car!

Fabulous car!
By jonfin on 11/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is one amazing automobile! It is fun to drive, corners as well as our Mercedes but has many more creature comforts. Even with a bit of turbo lag time, this car can beat anyone out of a stop signal. On a highway, the ride is peppy, and very comfortable. The car is a rocket going up a steep hill. It's just a kick to drive!

No need for SUV...
By pomcul on 10/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car in in 2001... fully loaded with 6 speed manual. I had very little bugs with it, the only thing I replaced was the bushing for the front seat... After 40k miles the car runs as smooth and as fast as the day I bought it. I chipped the car and it produces 310 HP and really don't have any turbo lag... the engine feels like a 4.2 V8 without the weight. I will keep this car for another 5 years, it's just that good!! Hope you will have the chance to enjoy this car... Good driving....

Allroad 6 speed
By atalya on 04/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

The best of all worlds: sports wagon performance and handling, plus the ability to do all the back road and off-road driving I will ever need. Quiet, effortless cruiser at 90mph. Manual transmission makes car much more lively than autobox. Shifter is notchy when new, loosens up nicely by 10,000 miles. We always run the car in the lowest position for paved road driving: firmer ride and much better handling.

fun wagon
By QUATTRO on 03/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I don't think I would go back to driving a SUV after buying the versatile wagon.

'02 Audi AR
By 1photo on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Audi allroad quattro Wagon AWD 4dr Wagon (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

16000 miles & no problems. Turbo lag no problem, can be easily overcome. Fun car to drive, still turns heads.