2015 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Trade S7 for A8L
By Scott Frazier

2015 Audi A8 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Traded my S7 for this A8L. Love the seating for 5, the rear leg room and the overall quality of interior. The ride is superb.

what a great car
By G.M

2015 Audi A8 L 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

love this car i trade my A7 for a A8 L and been the best decision you can make if you have kids. this would be our 3rd Audi and the most reliable car company we had own from range rover to Mercedes Benz.

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR
By Ed Rothberg

2015 Audi A8 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

The A8L appears to be a great car. But Audi is not telling its customers something very important. If this car is in a wreck, it can take up to 3 months to repair. I was in a rear end collision over 6 weeks ago. The repair work has not even started. The reason is that Audi limits collision repairs to one shop in any particular city. I live in a city with 5 million people. There is only one shop that can repair the vehicle and the shop has only one technician who is authorized to do the work. As there are five other cars waiting to be repaired ahead of me, it will be at least another month before I may see the car back. I filed a complaint with Audi, and they told me the reason for this insane policy is that the vehicle is aluminium and requires special training to repair. With all due respect to Audi, there are many other cars made of aluminium and many other repair shops that can perform the repair. So to make sure that these shops cannot do the repair, Audi will not sell them the parts. Audi refused to provide me with an alternative equivalent vehicle and refused to buy the car back. It is insane to purchase a car which costs between $90 and $100k and for Audi to create a situation where it is impossible get it repaired in a reasonable period of time. I will be commencing legal proceedings against Audi in the near future. I will report back on the results.

Fuel Sipper
By Don Santella

2015 Audi A8 L TDI quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

This is a great automobile. The Lane control is excellent and the adaptive cruise works great in stop and go traffic. The technology is almost to the point where one could read a book while traveling on the interstate. I am getting over 40 mpg on the highway traveling at about 77 mph.

A Truly Fine Automobile
By Luckyme

2015 Audi A8 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

We've owned luxury cars by Lexus, BMW, and Mercedes. After buying my first Audi, a 2016 A6 3.0 earlier in 2015, my wife was so impressed driving my car that she traded her Lexus RX350 in for a A8 L with the same spunky V6. I can't help but to compare the drive, handling and ride quality of the A8L to a Lexus LS460L I traded for my A6 earlier this year. The Audi beats the Lexus hands down. This A8 L handles so securely for such a large car. The V6 is strong, and provides plenty of power. The car is hushed, substantial, has a huge back seat, yet handles like a smaller sedan. Technology is top notch, with the exception of no USB ports? What was Audi thinking? Otherwise, the navigation is quite good. Interior fit and finish is superb, with great feel at every touch. The massaging and ventilated seats are a nice touch as well. Fuel economy with the V6 is excellent, at 34 mpg in a 1000 mile trip at highway speeds in excess of 75 mph. A very comfortable long haul road car. Combined mpg has been a respectable 25 mpg. The LED interior lighting is subdued and well executed. The LED headlights are piercing the night driving.
If these Audis hold up well, we are certainly going to continue to be Audi repeat buyers.