Used 2013 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Still in Love over 1 year in
By djefferson

2013 Audi A8 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I purchased my A8 late spring 2013 and have had no surprises, just pure driving pleasure. This change to Audi was driven by frustration of dealer practices to purchase a new Mercedes S-550/S350 Bluetec at that time a 2012/13 model. I was promised an excellent deal but after almost 4days of back/forth on price and frustration,I went looking for Audi and I'm very happy I did. The only reason for not leaving any sooner I had 4 new Benz's within the last 6yrs from that dealership. Forget about loyalty. Love what you drive. I really do. This big girl has excellent dance moves..Rain or Shine, Curves or Straights it drives like a smaller car begging to show off. Both City/Hwy MPG is impressive.

Favorite Features

All the standard Technology. Wi-Fi hotspot, Google earth maps, Adjustable driving modes and suspension and those seats 22ways to pleasure your back OMG. But this cars has so many other ways to just pleasure you. I like always knowing what it can do and how others think it a old-mans car have no idea just how great it is. I also like not seeing my Car when I'm out on the town or in town on the weekends perhaps doing errands, an Audi A8 is rare making ownership a bit more special...Giving you as a owner a more unique experience to its ownership. Ps I'm not a old man yet only 49 and neither is this A8..My average Mpg more city than hwy is 21-23..best Hwy 29-31

Suggested Improvements

None to speak of. All this and No Problems as of about 15months in.. This is trying a Great automobile.

Pinnacle of Technology, Luxury, Comfort and Prestige
By magician2166

2013 Audi A8 3.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Ladies and Gentlemen, If You are on the market for a luxury vehicle, please do yourself a huge favor. Test drive this marvel of German engineering. No words can describe the adrenaline from its powertrain, comfort of its heated, cooled and massaged seats and the luxury of its interior. I drove many luxury cars before, but I was totally stunned and amazed by every attention to even the smallest detail the designers had paid in this spaceship. This is truly the pinnacle of technology, luxury, comfort and prestige.

Favorite Features

From responsiveness and smoothness of the engine and transmission to the ambient lighting of the interior, which extends all the way from the floor to the headliner, nothing was left a chance to complain about. I just name a few favorite ones: I love massage seats with 5 different types of massage, power electric sunshades, LED ambient lighting, Google Earth navigation maps, soft closing doors and power trunk, power folding mirrors, headlight washing system, LED headlights and taillights with rear fog lights.

Suggested Improvements

My only "beef" that the trunk is really small and rear seats do not go down, like on A4 and A6. You can probably fit 2 average size suitcases, but nothing else.

Auto Mags are missing the boat
By baygasauto

2013 Audi A8 4.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

WOW!!! Automobile, Road and Track, Car and Driver..you're all missing something special by ignoring this beast. My previous were a GS400, BMW 545i, Panamera 4s (8cyl). I swear this car out accelerates the Porsche and handles better than the Lexus or Beemer w/sport pkg.. This Audi accelerates so effortlessly and uneventful it almost scares me. A locomotive that Edmunds claims does 0-60mph on 4.2. After 2500 miles, I'm finally gettin the guts to push it around corners. It sticks like glue. However you're so relaxed driving this vehicle it seems a shame to throw it around like the Porsche. Cmon car mags, spread the word. This beast is something very special.

Favorite Features

Luxury, comfort, great controls (ok, Panamera nailed controls but this is a close second). Voice recognition works flawlessly making phone calls and entering nav destinations a breeze. This car wants to help you. Massage seats are a hoot. Keyless start, stop, entry a pleasure on this car.

Suggested Improvements

BOSE is just ok. PANDORA should be part of the system. Trunk space a little tight. Starting with STOP/START function a little jerky.

2013 Audi A8 short wheel base
By mancaver

2013 Audi A8 4.0T quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have only had the car for two weeks, so I can't accurately comment on the reliability---but all other aspects I rated as execllent, so I expect the relaibiilty to be the same. Anyway, I owned an Audi A4 which was very reliable. I understand I'm still on my "honeymoon" with this car, but so far it is great---I have owned: MB E320 and C280, Acura Legend and TLS, Lexus ES330, BMW 530i and 535i, Mazda Millenia and RX7, Honda Civic and Accord, and even a Triumph TR6---of course, any new car will have features unheard of a few years ago---but the A8 is everything the (just about unanimous) positive revews describe.

Favorite Features

Acceleration and handling, comfort seats (massage!) blind spot monitor---LED lights, google earth navi, Bose stereo is just fine---but I haven't heard the Bang and Olufsen, so I can't compare the two.

Suggested Improvements

Really---nothing; maybe in a few weeks I'll think of something. I need a long trip to really get to know the car.

More on the 2013 A8