2012 Audi A8L: August Sales
September 5, 2012
Photo by Scott Jacobs
August sales were kind of meh for the A8; with 470 units sold, the model showed a mediocre 0.4 percent increase year-over-year. Across all models, though, the manufacturer reported its highest August sales ever. With 11,527 in total new-vehicle sales, Audi's performance last month represents a 13 percent increase over the record set in August of 2011.
- August 2012 ranks as the best August in Audi of America history.
- Audi A4 sales up 21.5% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 6.3% compared to previous period.
- Audi A5 sales up 26.9% compared to August 2011; YTD sales grew 9.1% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A6 increased 58.6% compared to August 2011; YTD sales up 112.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finish the month at 56.2% for the A3 TDI and 19.2% for Q7 TDI.
- For the record-setting month of August 2012, four Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 20% or more, including the Audi A4, the Audi A5, the Audi A6 and the Q7 models.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales set an all-time record of 3,366 vehicles sold, amounting to the best August in Audi history, despite the reduced inventory of available models for the program.
Warren Clarke, Automotive Content Editor