Used 2012 Audi A8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Audi A8

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

2012 A8L has some LEMONS to admit and RESOLVE
By grnltrn

2012 Audi A8 L 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 8A)

Audi is building a few (hopefully) LEMONS and attempting to outrun their flawed automobiles with marketing dollars. A search of the AUDI forums disclose a number of late model A8L vehicles with similar problems and a lack of acknowledgement by Audi that they intend to stand behind their warrantees. Audi is intimidating dealers, directing them to not service the car or refusing to pay them for warrantee repairs. Seat sensor - airbag deactivation Mirror heat not working tranny hard downshift Radio station refresh Cell phone pairing fails Console rattle Door close/locks malfunction when cold Clunk on acceleration MMI system fails to play .wav and .flac files Int lighting flickers

Favorite Features

Adaptive Cruise Control Automatic braking in traffic seat heat packages All in all, the vehicle incorporates very impressive and even amazing design and engineering. I suspect there is also a schism between the engineers, mechanics and the 'bean counters' as the integrity of the engineers and mechanics would almost certainly be willing to admit and resolve these nagging problems. What appears to have happened unfortunately, is that the managers have decided they can disguise the flaws, claiming "as designed" and suppress any information which would cause buyers to thing twice before buying into a flawed brand.

Suggested Improvements

The sad and inexcusable disappointment is the stance taken by Audi of America in their efforts to hide, disguise, deny and then frustrate repair attempts. Brad Hollister to be specific, is preventing this Lemon from coming to the attention of CEO Keough. This is so contrary to the fine tradition and integrity of the AUDI brand that some heads should certainly roll.

The best Luxury Car money can buy!!!
By donnie13

2012 Audi A8 L 4.2 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 8A)

I had a 2006 750LI and loved this car. Traded for a 2009 Audi A8L and while was a great car, didn't have enough pizazz. Traded it for a 2010 Mercedes S-Class. Was a good car but too soft. Felt floaty. Bought a 2011 Eguus, while a good car, too jittery and not refined. Now comes the new 2012 Audi A8L! Unbelievable car. Out drives and performs better than all of the above. Feels like you're driving a Bentley for half the price. Fit and finish, impeccable. Ride is stiff when needed and firm at just the right time. I'm a car buff as you can see by all the cars I purchase and I'm more impressed with this car than any of the large luxury cars I've owned, including my past 2009 A8L.

Favorite Features

I love all the new technology this car has to offer. The google map is awesome with graphics compared to no other. WI-FI capability. Love the adaptive cruise control, comes to complete stop and restarts. So advanced, even though it looks similar to 2009 A8L I had, it FEELS like an entirely new car. Simply the best large 4 door luxury car out there. Also love the rear seat option of the seats reclining and cooled but can still stow the center arm rest if 3 people need to be seated. The 22 way adjustable drivers seat is a dream. If you can't get comfortable in this car, you can't get comfortable at home! I love the fact I don't see the car everywhere I go. AUDI, GREAT JOB

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I wish the car had for the outside were more wheel options from the factory and the tailpipes intergrated more like the the other luxury cars. I did have the factory sport wheels added by dealer, but was costly compared to being able to order from factory. Minor, compared to what you get otherwise.