2009 Audi A8 Consumer Review: On my Second!!!

2009 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

L quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

On my Second!!!
By billyjo on

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After two 7 series BMW's, I am now on my 2nd A8L after trading in my 06!Few people noticed that I have a new car! Looked at S550, LS460L,750Li but nothing compared to the materials, ergonomics and ease of use as the Audi. Now have USB connection for flash drive with MP3s and somewhat improved dash display. I prefer the MMI to the Mercedes iCommand or the Lexus touch screen currently available. The previous MMI display had matte finish which matched the other materials and looked much nicer then the glossy bezel now used. Parktronic now has a camera in addition to the great graphic display. My previous proved very reliable with the Sirius Module being the only item which failed in 3 years.

Advance key, MMI, simple color coded display graphics, interior, disappearing display, reliable voice command, bluetooth, headlights

The glossy bezel on the MMI display should be matte like the other plastics. The buttons to open the trunk and gas tank are still easy to confuse. Incorporating a toggle function into the MMI wheel to eliminate some buttons might make it easier to operate without looking.