2009 Audi A8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Best of the lot
By Charlie on 11/11/09 17:00 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Drives exceptionally well for a big car. More stable and faster than my Infiniti M35X. Beautifully crafted and actually gets better mpg than the 6 cyl Infiniti. Comfort features are better than Infiniti and Acura. This car is meant to be driven long and hard (fast). After my Lexus, Acura and Infiniti, I was a bit scared to go to Audi, but now I look forward to my next excuse to drive. A true luxury car that responds to sporty driving with ease. Best road handling I've had, including some smaller sportier cars.

Quiet and solid
By jrh332 on 09/21/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Traded in a 2007 A8 with sport package for 2009 A8L. Miss the looks of the 20" wheels on 07 but passengers like the back seat better and the 09 19" wheels are easier to clean. Solid 24 mpg highway at 75 mph cruise. 15-16 mpg around town. Great cars and get a lot of positive comments from strangers about what a beautiful car. Quiet and solid. Can't imagine it getting much better than this.

Engine management
By joe on 08/19/09 10:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Replaced an identical 06 with this vehicle. I am having problems with the engine management of the new car. Idles rough hesitant upon acceleration and downshifts with surges unexpectedly.

A8L Great Car
By cwkcpa on 01/16/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third A8 after coming out of a 2007 Q7 4.2. The Q was great also, but this new A8L is terrific. Audi has continued to refine the car and it handles and drives like a much smaller car. I have also had several Mercedes large sedans and the A8 is just as good or maybe better without being so obvious on the road. Great car.

Beautiful Car
By Olayinka on 01/07/09 00:31 AM (PST)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have had this car for three months now. Really wanted to get a S550, but I am thrilled I ended up getting the A8L. It is a blast to drive, much sportier and understated. When I am buying my next car it will be another Audi A8L, each time I drive the car I am reminded why I love it.

On my Second!!!
By billyjo on 12/10/08 14:04 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After two 7 series BMW's, I am now on my 2nd A8L after trading in my 06!Few people noticed that I have a new car! Looked at S550, LS460L,750Li but nothing compared to the materials, ergonomics and ease of use as the Audi. Now have USB connection for flash drive with MP3s and somewhat improved dash display. I prefer the MMI to the Mercedes iCommand or the Lexus touch screen currently available. The previous MMI display had matte finish which matched the other materials and looked much nicer then the glossy bezel now used. Parktronic now has a camera in addition to the great graphic display. My previous proved very reliable with the Sirius Module being the only item which failed in 3 years.

Couldn't be happier
By Joe on 11/28/08 16:14 PM (PST)

2009 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi A8 is the best car I have ever owned. I have owned Audis before and finally made the jump to the flagship. The only problem is that I could never go back to a lesser car. It drives like a dream, is simultaneously luxurious and sporty, does everything well, is unflappable under all road conditions, and has unquestionably the best interior in the automobile industry. I have driven it 600 miles at a stretch and didn't actually want to get out.

Fantastic car
By Jim on 09/22/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this to replace Lexus LS 430. My wife and I like the A8 interior much better than the new LS models. Car drives great, and has all the features you expect in a car in this price range.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Audi A8 in VA is:

$163 per month*