2008 Audi A8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Better than the rest
By David on 02/03/09 07:03 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Not unlike the rest of the reviews above I have owned most/all of the flagship vehicles. I am impressed by the smooth yet responsive ride, the interior room and the ease of electronic use. I looked at MBZ 500, BMW 7 series and the Lexus, either they were to vanilla or to cheap this is a beautiful car.

A8 still the best
By New Hampshire on 09/02/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A8 is still the best value among large luxury sedans. I've owned BMWs and driven a colleague's S550 and the A8 is just superior everywhere it counts. I still can't believe how comfortable and fun this car is. I find myself looking for every excuse to go anywhere in this car on any errand. I opted for the L for extra leg room. Kids can't touch the back of my seat no matter how far they stretch. Important options are the acoustic glass which makes it quieter than the S550, ventilated seats, 19" wheels, and Lane/Side Assist because it actually helps. The ride is fantastic on rough New England roads and you never feel like you're rushed when you're in this car. Best car I have ever driven.

Solid Luxury
By Phantom A8L on 12/03/07 08:07 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ordered on 27 June and took delivery on 6 October. Currently I have a little over 2000 miles on the vehicle. Long distance trip from DC to Chicago for Thanksgiving was wonderful. Sport package with 20” wheels provided excellent ride and handled wonderfully through rain and freezing rain. The standard features and options make this vehicle a fantastic driver’s auto. Sporty response for a large vehicle. Solid brakes, great vehicle lighting features (headlights, interior lights, entry, braking and fog lights – front and rear). No problems to note. MPG for the trip 22-24. Around DC area, 18-20 mpg.

Audi does European delivery
By Brian Sonnenberg on 11/25/07 07:02 AM (PST)

2008 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After years of Mercedes ownership (and a brief BMW period) I finally got over to Audi. This car is everything that Mercedes used to be. Understatedly elegant, fantastically finished and user friendly. What a true pleasure to drive. In fact, what a pleasure to just sit in. Nobody does interiors like Audi. It is just beautiful, comfortable, and functional. We took delivery in Germany at Ingolstadt, which was a once in a lifetime experience, and did use it on the Autobahn. 130 mph is like 60 mph. wonderful road car! While I think Mercedes has lost their way, Audi seems to have really found their's. Some people are put off by the conservative styling of the exterior. I find it refreshing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.