2007 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
40k-110k review
By boyracer3 on 01/20/13 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a preowned A8L '07 a couple of years ago. Have put 70K on car since. It has been remarkably reliable. The build quality is excellent. I don't get the gas mileage it promised unless driving over 70. I have all service done at dealership, and have been very surprised at the low cost of maintenance, and the quality of service. Had a new A4 in '07, hated it, swore I'd never buy Audi again, got bad service. Bought the 8 because I needed big and 4WD. Expected many of the same problems I had with the 4, but it is a much better car. And I think Audi is a much better car maker and has made huge efforts to improve customer satisfaction.

$90,000 piece of junk
By W. Stiles on 07/12/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this CPO 2007 Audi A8L with 33,000 miles on it and have had nothing but headaches since owning it. It has been in the shop 4 times in less than a year for numerous electrical problems. The Audi A8 customer service line is a complete waste of time as they do nothing, but come up with excuse after excuse as to why the car is not performing as it should. We have had 2 aluminum wheel failures where the tire immediately loses pressure. One of these episodes almost caused my wife to be in a serious car crash on the highway. Audi says it is still safe and I completely disagree. I am now in the process of selling and getting a more reliable car (Mercedes or BMW)

Audi A8 L Luxury for Life
By Strausburg on 06/01/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Better than a Benz, BMW, Acura, Lexus for the L body style and large class of cars.

Best Luxury Value
By Jerry R on 02/20/10 11:29 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After selling my 06 A8L I realized what a wonderful car it was and found an 07 A8L with an MSRP of $90K, with 12k miles for $50K. New was out of the question due to initial loss. These cars are an absolute remarkable value (used). I don't know how Audi is able to get the mileage out of a 4000+ lb. car with all wheel drive. Both comfort and performance are unsurpassed. B & O radio is a must . Rear seat leg room is better than a new Rolls- Royce Ghost @ $300K, and anyone who rides in it (who doesn't know Audi) is amazed.

2007 Audi A8L 4.2L Quattro
By MotorStreet on 03/08/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A8 never fails to amaze us. On a recent vacation we drove 700 miles north and on the way the kids never asked "Are we there yet?" once. The car is so relaxing to travel in and makes any journey comfortable. The gas mileage is equally impressive, on our vacation we averaged 28 mpg and drove most of the way at 80 mph. The 350hp direct injection 4.2L V8 has immediate power and even more refinement. The MMI is easy to use and just makes sense. We looked at the Lexus LS460, but it felt big, heavy, and was worse to drive than the old LS430; the Lexus had too many features and had millions of buttons. The 2007 BMW 750i had the stupid I-drive and the S550 was too expensive. The A8 is brilliant.

4th and best Audi
By Capt John on 12/24/07 09:00 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

My black on black A8L is built like a bank vault, is quiet except when accelerating, when it has a nice little throaty tone. I've had an A6 2.7 which was fun; still have an A6 4.2, (2002) which is still solid and fun to drive. I had a 2006 A8L, which was great, but the 07 car is even better. It is understated, sumptuous, quick, and solid. Everything one could want.

A Great Car
By TDL on 06/01/07 21:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my third Audi, and I find them to be a superb balance between a luxury and sporty design philosophy. The vehicle feels like a smaller, more nimble vehicle, but has more room than practically anything else in this segment. The interior design and fit and finish are best in class. The S8 variant is an attractive alternative, but we also had a sporty car in the garage, and decided to go with the long wheel base and the extra rear leg room which precludes the S8 package. But, I also feel the extra length gives the car a more flowing appearance in the side view. Fuel economy is what you expect in this class, and when considering the performance (and the way I drive), it is rather good.

Best luxury car for the money
By KEN O'BRIEN on 03/20/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I looked at all the luxury models in this class, this car can't be touched for the money you pay. It's all I expected and more!

Perfect
By huntin on 03/05/07 09:16 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car drives like a sports car and has the luxury you wish was in other sports cars. It has great speed and acceleration and can turn with ease. The leather seats are just fantastic for comfort.

Excellent Touring Car
By bigdognc on 02/01/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi A8L is the perfect vehicle for me. I drive about 50k miles per year between North Carolina and northern VA/DC and it can get very tiring in the wrong kind of car. The Audi is fun to drive and is very quiet and comfortable. The quattro drive is great when there are some icy conditions on the VA highways. The bluetooth connection with my phone works superbly and keeps my attention on the road while driving. The rear camera and front and rear parking sensors are very handy when parking and backing out of crowded parking garages. The rear seat area is very spacious and will seat 3. The rear leg and shoulder room is unbelievable. I can easily fit my 2 biggest clients back there.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.