Used 2007 Audi A8 L quattro Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

120K miles retrospective
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Finally retired my 8 a few months ago. Absolutely beautiful car. Loved driving it. And still miss it greatly. The expense of repairs quickly exceeded the residual value of the car. The car was very reliable and honestly the issues that I had with it were worn part maintenance issues. But items like the suspension repairs @110K for $7400. Other small issues for another $7500 soon followed. $15K for a car I then traded for $12K. But I did get a new S7 so obviously I still think they are great cars. Really had no problems at all until 100K. I don't really think Audi's are that expensive to maintain, either, nothing like Porsche or BMW in my experience.

The Quattro is phenomenal on this car. As long as the car can clear it, it performs in snow like a dream. With snow tires, You can drive at highway speeds with confidence. Pass people like they are standing still, drive up hills when others get out and walk. My Colorado ski buddies got white knuckles because they thought I would slide through every stop sign an lose control on every turn. I would do donuts in the parking lot at my local ski hill. You really have to push the car to obnoxious limits to get it to misbehave. I'll also miss those seats.

The only suggestion I would have was to pair the A8 with the diesel from our Q7. Which they have done. I wish the '15 A8 was more distinctive. In my mind, I feel it too closely resembles the A4. I realize that sells more 4s but nobody ever confused my 8 with an A4. Would have got another anyway but my wife wanted something sportier. S7. It's a lot quicker. But I liked my 8 better.

40k-110k review
By boyracer3

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a preowned A8L '07 a couple of years ago. Have put 70K on car since. It has been remarkably reliable. The build quality is excellent. I don't get the gas mileage it promised unless driving over 70. I have all service done at dealership, and have been very surprised at the low cost of maintenance, and the quality of service. Had a new A4 in '07, hated it, swore I'd never buy Audi again, got bad service. Bought the 8 because I needed big and 4WD. Expected many of the same problems I had with the 4, but it is a much better car. And I think Audi is a much better car maker and has made huge efforts to improve customer satisfaction.

The MMI interface. Nav functions are great, though not as good as the nav on my '12 Q7. Stereo is magnificent. Quiet, smooth, ample back seat for extra passengers. Love the opportunity to drive others around in it. Understated luxury, the car has aged well. Love the Quattro, with the snow tires on it, it behaves very well in conditions that would have given me white knuckles before. I really appreciate the quality of the materials. There in nothing, nothing inside the car that feels or appears plasticky. I'm a big guy, and the drivers seat has been very comfy, and has held up well under heavy use.

The A8L is really long, have to pass up lots of great parking spots, but the back up camera sometimes makes the improbable, possible. Would love to see Audi sell sedans/wagons with the TDI from my '12 Q7. Kinda missed the gurgling exhaust of the S class mercedes and the more nimble feel of the BMW 7 series. The A8 feels heavier and more deliberate than the others, a product of the 4WD, I'm sure. You know its 4WD when you tug at the steering wheel. But Quattro was why I chose Aud in the first place. This car, and Audi by extension, were so impressive that I bought a new Q7 in '12 and I will seriously consider an R8 when the economy turns around.

$90,000 piece of junk
By W. Stiles

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this CPO 2007 Audi A8L with 33,000 miles on it and have had nothing but headaches since owning it. It has been in the shop 4 times in less than a year for numerous electrical problems. The Audi A8 customer service line is a complete waste of time as they do nothing, but come up with excuse after excuse as to why the car is not performing as it should. We have had 2 aluminum wheel failures where the tire immediately loses pressure. One of these episodes almost caused my wife to be in a serious car crash on the highway. Audi says it is still safe and I completely disagree. I am now in the process of selling and getting a more reliable car (Mercedes or BMW)

None

Customer Service / A8 Team

Audi A8 L Luxury for Life
By Strausburg

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Better than a Benz, BMW, Acura, Lexus for the L body style and large class of cars.

The cockpit, the engine, Quattro, the Size

None

Best Luxury Value
By Jerry R

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After selling my 06 A8L I realized what a wonderful car it was and found an 07 A8L with an MSRP of $90K, with 12k miles for $50K. New was out of the question due to initial loss. These cars are an absolute remarkable value (used). I don't know how Audi is able to get the mileage out of a 4000+ lb. car with all wheel drive. Both comfort and performance are unsurpassed. B & O radio is a must . Rear seat leg room is better than a new Rolls- Royce Ghost @ $300K, and anyone who rides in it (who doesn't know Audi) is amazed.

B&O radio, beautiful dash lay-out, easy to use MMI, comfortable seats, excellent fuel economy for it's size/weight. Great used pricing after having never recovered from runaway debacle.

I would have to nit-pick something awful to come up with a negative about this car.