2007 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
40k-110k review
By boyracer3 on 01/20/13 15:34 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a preowned A8L '07 a couple of years ago. Have put 70K on car since. It has been remarkably reliable. The build quality is excellent. I don't get the gas mileage it promised unless driving over 70. I have all service done at dealership, and have been very surprised at the low cost of maintenance, and the quality of service. Had a new A4 in '07, hated it, swore I'd never buy Audi again, got bad service. Bought the 8 because I needed big and 4WD. Expected many of the same problems I had with the 4, but it is a much better car. And I think Audi is a much better car maker and has made huge efforts to improve customer satisfaction.

Truly fine automobile
By swissman564 on 01/28/12 15:35 PM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '07 A8L a year ago at Tyson's Audi in Virginia. It had 61,000 miles on it and although it looked practically showroom new in every way, I was a bit worried about spending serious money on a 4-yr old car with that many miles. My worries have been laid to rest 20K miles later. I have owned 4 BMW's (7, 5, and 3 Series) and one Benz. I never liked the Benz but loved all of my BMW's and never thought I could appreciate a car more than a BMW. The 1st time I laid eyes on this car I fell in love with the looks. Mechanically, fit & finish and handling, this is the Ubermachine from Germany. Simple as that. No use enumerating it all. Enough said. I'm in love.

$90,000 piece of junk
By W. Stiles on 07/12/10 15:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this CPO 2007 Audi A8L with 33,000 miles on it and have had nothing but headaches since owning it. It has been in the shop 4 times in less than a year for numerous electrical problems. The Audi A8 customer service line is a complete waste of time as they do nothing, but come up with excuse after excuse as to why the car is not performing as it should. We have had 2 aluminum wheel failures where the tire immediately loses pressure. One of these episodes almost caused my wife to be in a serious car crash on the highway. Audi says it is still safe and I completely disagree. I am now in the process of selling and getting a more reliable car (Mercedes or BMW)

Audi A8 L Luxury for Life
By Strausburg on 06/01/10 13:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Better than a Benz, BMW, Acura, Lexus for the L body style and large class of cars.

Fantastic Car..
By J Montana on 05/25/10 20:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car has it all. Looks, performance and there are not many on the road. Every other car in LA is a 7 series or S550. This is one amazing car. Tight , great motor, short wheelbase handles great. Bose stereo is more than adequate.

Best car I've ever had
By Justin Fontaine on 05/24/10 16:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had the privilege of owning/leasing BMW's ( 5 series ) a couple of 911's and a Mercedes S class and I have to say that this A8 is tops for performance, class, reliability and most of all individuality. In LA there are thousands of S Class and 7 series. I can honestly say I've not seen one other dark blue short wheelbase A8 with the performance 20" wheels in 3 years of driving here. The car is special in every way. The handling for a large sedan is spectacular due to the aluminum body and quattro. The fit and finish inside of the amaretto interior are awesome. Power is smooth and refined. Great Bose system. Biggest issue will be whether or not to buy it after the lease! Not one problem

Best Luxury Value
By Jerry R on 02/20/10 11:29 AM (PST)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After selling my 06 A8L I realized what a wonderful car it was and found an 07 A8L with an MSRP of $90K, with 12k miles for $50K. New was out of the question due to initial loss. These cars are an absolute remarkable value (used). I don't know how Audi is able to get the mileage out of a 4000+ lb. car with all wheel drive. Both comfort and performance are unsurpassed. B & O radio is a must . Rear seat leg room is better than a new Rolls- Royce Ghost @ $300K, and anyone who rides in it (who doesn't know Audi) is amazed.

All around best daily driver.
By Sold on Audi on 04/25/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi A8 Sport is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cars I have ever seen. The real surprise however is the combination of ride, quiet and predictable handling in all conditions with high limits for a vehicle of this size and class. I expected competence, but I was surprised by the "fun to drive" aspects of this car. The longer I have owned the vehicle, the better it gets. I drove the MB, Jaguar, BMW and Lexus - there was no question before I purchased the car which one I preferred - but I am even more convinced now that I have more than 14,000 miles on the vehicle and continue to explore its capabilities. I hope Audi doesn't change much before I am ready for my next one!

2007 Audi A8L 4.2L Quattro
By MotorStreet on 03/08/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The A8 never fails to amaze us. On a recent vacation we drove 700 miles north and on the way the kids never asked "Are we there yet?" once. The car is so relaxing to travel in and makes any journey comfortable. The gas mileage is equally impressive, on our vacation we averaged 28 mpg and drove most of the way at 80 mph. The 350hp direct injection 4.2L V8 has immediate power and even more refinement. The MMI is easy to use and just makes sense. We looked at the Lexus LS460, but it felt big, heavy, and was worse to drive than the old LS430; the Lexus had too many features and had millions of buttons. The 2007 BMW 750i had the stupid I-drive and the S550 was too expensive. The A8 is brilliant.

Excellent car
By driver on 03/31/08 17:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Audi A8 Sedan L W12 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

I've owned a 1979 5000S and a 2002 A4 1.8T, among other makes/models. This car is truly "the ultimate driving machine" bar none (sorry BMW). I've blown away many wanna-be's in BMW's from 3-series up to the 7-series on both highway and backroads with this baby and it's never misbehaved or thrown me a surprise. Incredible power, positive steering, and an amazing ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.