2006 Audi A8 Consumer Review: Officially switched from BMW t

2006 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Officially switched from BMW to Audi
By RD on

2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After owning two BMW 3-series for the last 14 years, I decided to go with one of the large, luxury sedans. Was considering the 5 and 7 from BWW and the E-class Benz. Then I drove a friends A6 and was blown away. Added the A6 to the list and started looking. Decided to 'check out' the A8 and I was immediately sold. Nothing else compared after that. The A8 was extremely hard to find, but the one I landed on was nearly perfect - just about every option available and only 27k miles! LOVE this car.

Favorite Features

Messaging/heated/cooled front seats. Heated rear seats. Heated steering wheel. Adaptive cruise control. MMI is fantastic for controlling everything from radio to Nav. Front and rear bumper sensors. Exterior look is subtle but very classy. Interior fit, finish and looks are second to none.

Suggested Improvements

The car really has just about everything. Would like improved, better cupholders. Bluetooth sound quality not the best, but it could be my phone - not the car. Wish it had the Bang and Olufsen sound system, but the Bose is actually better than average. Auto headlamps WITH fog lamps.