The 2006 A8 Got Me to Switch
By Steve on
2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
Let me preface this review with I am a BMW guy. Having owned 5 of them (3's, 5's and 7's) it has been my brand of car for years...until I needed to replace my 2001 740i Sport. The new 7 just leaves me cold and I am not an MB guy. May I just say that my new SWB Gray/Black A8 has simply blown me away. This is without question the nicest interior in any car costing less than a Bentley Continental and the fit and finish is the most perfect I have seen in any car. The exterior is sleek and aggressive and I love the new Audi schnoz.. The car rides beautifully and handles superbly. The controls are perfect, the shift paddles are fun and the MMI is awesome. I have my new dream car, sorry BMW.
Favorite Features
MMI, Incredible "standard" Bose stereo, shift paddles, ride, style, fit and finish, no wind noise whatsoever, bank vault solid, great seats, huge trunk, soft close doors, aggressive front end, beautifully finished rear end (again sorry BMW), adaptive suspension, engine growl, seamless acceleration.
Suggested Improvements
iPod adapter would be nice, ridiculous lawyer warning in MMI every time you start the car, CD needs to be moved to dash, park-distance should activate automatically when nearing something, small side view mirrors, recommend push button to retract side mirrors instead of turning knob...much easier.