Used 2006 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Three great months and counting...
By dognmonkey

2006 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

New to me 2006 A8L with 73k miles. Premium, sport and massage packages. This year is the first year with the single grill and the last year with timing belt engine.
I've had 98 A8 for 7 years - loved the car and now this one is amazing. No wonder many people moved from BMW, Mercedes to Audi.
Air suspension is comfortable and very convenient to raise the car up when going to a complex that has many tall speed bumps.
The car is so powerful, fast but very nimble (drives like a small car) and still get average 19MPG (26 hwy). Soft close doors are nice (the doors got sucked in if close half way).
I drive people who don't know Audi on my A8L and they're amazed at the comfort and design.

softclose doors, air suspension, massage seats, paddle shifter on steering, Bose stereo, MMI system, power, quietness, comfort, handling, power trunk, 204" long, rear vanity mirror, front magnifying mirror, love to drive, great seats, beautiful design.

None

The Best
By Cindy

2006 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car makes me look forward to going to work. I've owned BMW and Acura and this car is above and beyond. I am now a Audi fan for life.

Speed, responsive, and and eye turner.

The MMI takes a bit to get used to but is well worth it.

Officially switched from BMW to Audi
By RD

2006 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After owning two BMW 3-series for the last 14 years, I decided to go with one of the large, luxury sedans. Was considering the 5 and 7 from BWW and the E-class Benz. Then I drove a friends A6 and was blown away. Added the A6 to the list and started looking. Decided to 'check out' the A8 and I was immediately sold. Nothing else compared after that. The A8 was extremely hard to find, but the one I landed on was nearly perfect - just about every option available and only 27k miles! LOVE this car.

Messaging/heated/cooled front seats. Heated rear seats. Heated steering wheel. Adaptive cruise control. MMI is fantastic for controlling everything from radio to Nav. Front and rear bumper sensors. Exterior look is subtle but very classy. Interior fit, finish and looks are second to none.

The car really has just about everything. Would like improved, better cupholders. Bluetooth sound quality not the best, but it could be my phone - not the car. Wish it had the Bang and Olufsen sound system, but the Bose is actually better than average. Auto headlamps WITH fog lamps.

Best Sedan In its class
By Tyler

2006 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been wanting an A-8 for years and finally ran across one worth buying. Depreciation is heavy in the first 3 years but this is the best sedan in its class by far. The MMI is awesome and extremely easy to figure out for a non-tech guy. I have owned Lexus, BMW, and Acura and would not go back. This is the car to own if you can afford one.

MMI, soft close doors, power trunk, solar sunroof, messaging seats and cooled seats, and Bluetooth is fantastic.

Like everyone else says the legal disclaimer every time you start the vehicle.

The 2006 A8 Got Me to Switch
By Steve

2006 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review with I am a BMW guy. Having owned 5 of them (3's, 5's and 7's) it has been my brand of car for years...until I needed to replace my 2001 740i Sport. The new 7 just leaves me cold and I am not an MB guy. May I just say that my new SWB Gray/Black A8 has simply blown me away. This is without question the nicest interior in any car costing less than a Bentley Continental and the fit and finish is the most perfect I have seen in any car. The exterior is sleek and aggressive and I love the new Audi schnoz.. The car rides beautifully and handles superbly. The controls are perfect, the shift paddles are fun and the MMI is awesome. I have my new dream car, sorry BMW.

MMI, Incredible "standard" Bose stereo, shift paddles, ride, style, fit and finish, no wind noise whatsoever, bank vault solid, great seats, huge trunk, soft close doors, aggressive front end, beautifully finished rear end (again sorry BMW), adaptive suspension, engine growl, seamless acceleration.

iPod adapter would be nice, ridiculous lawyer warning in MMI every time you start the car, CD needs to be moved to dash, park-distance should activate automatically when nearing something, small side view mirrors, recommend push button to retract side mirrors instead of turning knob...much easier.