2006 Audi A8 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Three great months and counting...
By dognmonkey on 06/29/13 07:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

New to me 2006 A8L with 73k miles. Premium, sport and massage packages. This year is the first year with the single grill and the last year with timing belt engine. I've had 98 A8 for 7 years - loved the car and now this one is amazing. No wonder many people moved from BMW, Mercedes to Audi. Air suspension is comfortable and very convenient to raise the car up when going to a complex that has many tall speed bumps. The car is so powerful, fast but very nimble (drives like a small car) and still get average 19MPG (26 hwy). Soft close doors are nice (the doors got sucked in if close half way). I drive people who don't know Audi on my A8L and they're amazed at the comfort and design.

The Best
By Cindy on 05/20/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This car makes me look forward to going to work. I've owned BMW and Acura and this car is above and beyond. I am now a Audi fan for life.

Officially switched from BMW to Audi
By RD on 01/30/10 14:23 PM (PST)

2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After owning two BMW 3-series for the last 14 years, I decided to go with one of the large, luxury sedans. Was considering the 5 and 7 from BWW and the E-class Benz. Then I drove a friends A6 and was blown away. Added the A6 to the list and started looking. Decided to 'check out' the A8 and I was immediately sold. Nothing else compared after that. The A8 was extremely hard to find, but the one I landed on was nearly perfect - just about every option available and only 27k miles! LOVE this car.

Best Sedan In its class
By Tyler on 06/06/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been wanting an A-8 for years and finally ran across one worth buying. Depreciation is heavy in the first 3 years but this is the best sedan in its class by far. The MMI is awesome and extremely easy to figure out for a non-tech guy. I have owned Lexus, BMW, and Acura and would not go back. This is the car to own if you can afford one.

The 2006 A8 Got Me to Switch
By Steve on 10/14/08 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let me preface this review with I am a BMW guy. Having owned 5 of them (3's, 5's and 7's) it has been my brand of car for years...until I needed to replace my 2001 740i Sport. The new 7 just leaves me cold and I am not an MB guy. May I just say that my new SWB Gray/Black A8 has simply blown me away. This is without question the nicest interior in any car costing less than a Bentley Continental and the fit and finish is the most perfect I have seen in any car. The exterior is sleek and aggressive and I love the new Audi schnoz.. The car rides beautifully and handles superbly. The controls are perfect, the shift paddles are fun and the MMI is awesome. I have my new dream car, sorry BMW.

3 Years Of Great Driving!
By Billy Jo on 09/12/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After 3 years this car is fantastic! Cabin more luxurious and refined than Lexus or S class.MMI a marvel once fully learning its operation(took months).Car's electronics are capable of doing much more then what was required in the past. The Audi solution is logical. The secondary display in the instrument cluster contains most information you need when accessing phone, destination and radio functions via the controls on the steering wheel. Buttons on the console to control the MMI display are conveniently positioned below the armrest. Voice command,slower than scrolling, works for many functions (would like available commands displayed on screen instead of system reciting).Replac

Overrated
By Stevet on 07/28/08 23:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had a series of Mercedes S- Classes and a Lexus LS430. This car gets good press for great ergonomics. In my opinion it is ergonomically below average. The MMI is terrible. Cup holder is shallow and when the cups interfere with the MMI controls. Nav system is a piece of junk. Can't see out the rear window unless you have the dealer remove the rear headrests. Ride is brittle on concrete roads. Seat controls are confusing. Engine is noisy. The user interface on the Lexus is a 9.5, and a 5.0 on the Audi. Fit and finish are very good, seats are comfortable.

Best Large Luxury Sedan in the World
By KJ on 07/12/08 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Chose the car for its room (I'm 6'11) but have come to love its interior, handling/ride, quality, styling and power. The more I drive it, the more I love it. Would not trade it to drive a Maybach, large Bentley or Rolls. BMW 750IL doesn't even come close.

Audi A8L
By soobie23 on 06/22/08 18:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Car has been flawless through almost 2 years of ownership. Love the stealth factor, car is totally amazing. Friends refer to it as the James Bond car, for all it's gadgets and features.

Love my Audi A8L
By Bill J on 11/12/07 09:20 AM (PST)

2006 Audi A8 L quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned every major brand of luxury car and without question, this is the finest. The fit and finish is exceptional. The interior surrounds you in the finest wood and leather and the attention to detail in the interior trim is second to none. The exterior styling always draw attention whereever we go. We have had the car for 18 months and it has been trouble free. Several times my wife and I have been stuck in traffic and we have commented "so what" this car is one of the most comfortable places we could be. The car has plenty of power and actually feels like a much smaller car in the way it handles. This is my first Audi and I highly reccomend it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.