2005 Audi A8 Consumer Review: Best car for the money

2005 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

2005 Audi A8

L quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best car for the money
By theanimala on

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I loved the A8 since the D3 model was first shown. I waited patiently for the pricing to drop to a level I could afford (preowned). I have had my CPO car for 4 months and 5K miles, and I still love it. It is not as reliable as my 98 Lexus GS400 which had almost nothing go wrong with it after 145K miles. I just had a number of things replaced at the 45K mile service, such as the trunk hinges (common problem), parktronic sensor, airbag sensor, and one softclose door sensor. Even with these little problems, I love the car. No serious issue that will leave you stranded, but still something small that requires a trip to the dealer. I do not regret my choice, regardless.

Interior design and comfort. Ventilated seats are great in the summer. Drives sportier than my GS400, which is supposed to be a sport Lexus. Feels much smaller than it is, while offering supreme comfort.

Ipod connectivity didn't come until 07 (I added it but it was costly). Slightly more power would be a bit more fun. More reasonable service costs (for after warranty ends), rear headrests unadjustable, larger sunroof, better voice activated system, better GPS system.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review