2005 Audi A8 Consumer Review: Best car for the money

2005 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

L quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Best car for the money
By theanimala on

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I loved the A8 since the D3 model was first shown. I waited patiently for the pricing to drop to a level I could afford (preowned). I have had my CPO car for 4 months and 5K miles, and I still love it. It is not as reliable as my 98 Lexus GS400 which had almost nothing go wrong with it after 145K miles. I just had a number of things replaced at the 45K mile service, such as the trunk hinges (common problem), parktronic sensor, airbag sensor, and one softclose door sensor. Even with these little problems, I love the car. No serious issue that will leave you stranded, but still something small that requires a trip to the dealer. I do not regret my choice, regardless.

Interior design and comfort. Ventilated seats are great in the summer. Drives sportier than my GS400, which is supposed to be a sport Lexus. Feels much smaller than it is, while offering supreme comfort.

Ipod connectivity didn't come until 07 (I added it but it was costly). Slightly more power would be a bit more fun. More reasonable service costs (for after warranty ends), rear headrests unadjustable, larger sunroof, better voice activated system, better GPS system.