2005 Audi A8 Consumer Review: A8=Great!

2005 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

By Roger Lyman on

2005 Audi A8 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my A8 a year ago and have found it to be a very pleasing car to drive. The car was certified and in the 18,000 miles I've driven it, there have been zero problems. My car came with 19" wheels but I had a set of 18" from a previous car and when the tires on the 19's were worn, I replaced them with the 18" wheels. This resulted in a quieter and more compliant ride with no noticeable degradation of the handling (for my driving style). The A8 pleases me greatly and I plan to keep it for a while as I don't care for the newer "Big Mouth" front design of the '06 on models. Service is expensive but Audi does sell a prepaid package that is well worth the money. Overall, a great ride.

Interior design, solar sunroof (great in hot climates), ride, fuel economy 21.5mpg is decent for luxury car. MMI works well.

MMI updates should be provided free during service. Offer a digital replacement for the defunct analog OnStar system. Improve nav system firmware, it has sent me on a couple of wild goose chases!