2005 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
THE BEST
By loopp on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I think that this car surpasses any other car in its class. i think that this is the best cr.

A8 SWB Rocks
By AudiNJ on 09/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just took down a black on black '05 SWB A8 with one-pay lease. Car is truly amazing. Spent a lot of time looking at the A8, Acura RL, Range Rover. Traded in a 330i, which I loved but was awful in the snow. The A8 is the best looking car out there . No mechanical problems (knock on wood), a pleasure to drive. Highly recommend to anyone looking for an understated but elegant car.

Driving Heaven
By tobias on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

We ba 2005 A8L and absolutley love it! It has the comfort and interior class of our former LS 430 but with even more perks. We love the ONSTAR system with the phone service. We don't talk a lot on the phone in the car, so the carry-over minutes for up to a year make it a convenient option for us instead of the additional car phone and the reception with the satellite phone in phenomenal. I have nothing bad to say about this car. The back seat has so much room for passengers that my 7' tall son-in-law fits easily. We have had no problems with the navigational system or batteries as indicated by other reviewers. The 2005 model has apparently fixed those.

Questioning
By carlover14 on 09/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Before I bought my A8L for my wife I had read nothing but good things about it. Now with 7 months of ownership I'm questioning whether all that praise was just. There is no denying the car's excellent material quality, but the control layout is unergonomic. Even worse, though, is that the exterior is plain and from some angles looks like my son's Volkswagen Passat. My wife likes the car but prefers my MB S600. The Audi has better handling than the S600, but no where near the refinement. I've had my MB for over a year and have not had a single problem, we've owned the A8L 7 months and it's been back to the dealer three times.

GREAT CAR BUT PROBLEMS
By zoombie99 on 08/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Car is great but the NAV & the radio keeps on shorting out. Audi claims that they know of the problem and they are working on a fix. There is no fix as of this date. I understand that only a few mid year models have this problems. We also bought the AUDi phone. It is a waste of money and the sound quality is poor.

current leak from battery
By kona358 on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The battery has gone dead twice and will go d ead if the car is not driven daily. Charge will fall b y 50% overnight. Has anyone else run into this p roblem- so far not fixed by dealer. Any solution? u sual mileage will be 15-20,000 per year

abundance of luxury
By chris cotran on 07/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

the best ever.. no problems fast driving.awsome ride. silent interior. great fit and finish. no electrical or any complaints. the asf frame is rigid and responsive.. the handeling is sublime.. love every inch of it