Used 2005 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Best car I've owned
By Bo

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is easily my favorite owned car- beautiful from every angle, performance to beat sports coupes, luxury that would stun a king. I just smile every time I look back at the car, which is often.

Interior- it's the best in any car under $200,000. Even better than the Bentley Continental GT.

Pump the horsepower a little to compete with the new 750, and use the new grille on the V8.

Incredible Machine
By SMA8L

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 05 A8L is my 5th Audi. Last was an 02 allroad. I cannot believe how incredible this car is. Stunning ride quality, acceleration, comfort and stability. Here in Colorado there is NO better choice in a luxury vehicle. Awesome traction in snow and total command in every imaginable driving situation. I am most impressed with how quiet the car is. And I do really love the drivers seat. Incredible amount of adjustments enable you to dial in a perfect fit and comfort level. But the rear seat guests have the best environment- better seats than most luxury autos provide for the driver. Stunning exterior styling and interior finish. This is a great driver's car.

Seating. Exterior Styling. Interior volume and finish Rear seating envirnoment. Ride quality. Comfort. Sense of luxury. Control and traction. Acceleration and top-end speed. Superb handling at any speed. The superb treatment from the dealership - like a 5 star hotel guest. Really.

OK. More power would be great. But I can wait for the upcoming S8. Seemless iPod integration would create a PERFECT vehicle.

Incredible Machine
By SMA8L

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This 05 A8L is my 5th Audi. Last was an 02 allroad. I cannot believe how incredible this car is. Stunning ride quality, acceleration, comfort and stability. Here in Colorado there is NO better choice in a luxury vehicle. Awesome traction in snow and total command in every imaginable driving situation. I am most impressed with how quiet the car is. And I do really love the drivers seat. Incredible amount of adjustments enable you to dial in a perfect fit and comfort level. But the rear seat guests have the best environment - better seats than most luxury autos provide for the driver. Stunning exterior styling and interior finish. This is a great drivers car.

Seating. Exterior Styling. Interior volume and finish Rear seating environment. Ride quality. Comfort. Sense of luxury. Control and traction. Acceleration and top-end speed. Superb handling at any speed.

Techno
By John

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car has the style and luxury, of any other car. The exterior makes it look cheaper than it really is. The interior is very nice much like a mercedes-benz or better.

The stylish interior makes it a comfortable driver's car.

The exterior needs a touch of improvements.

Move over Mercedes-Benz
By Romin

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Ok everyone. I'm not an employee of Audi, or anything like that. I just traded in my 2003 Mercedes-Benz E320 for the Audi A8L, and let me tell you that I will NEVER buy a Mercedes again. Its probably true that Audis don't have the same "chick factor" as the Mercedes, but now that I'm married I guess that doesn't matter anyway. This car is simply amazing. I enjoy driving to work now, and can honestly say that this car meets and exceeds all my demands.

keyless start and blue tooth technology

I think the bluetooth technology needs some help, but that's not a problem with the car, just all the different versions of blue tooth out there.