2005 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Finally a competitor to big Germans
By nick on 06/18/07 20:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Gorgeous body, fit and finish. Impressive looks, great engine, agile, stately, big but easy to drive like a midsize sedan. Few flaws however: CD changer in the glove compartment must go, bad location for cup holders, short lived original equipment tires (Continental CH95), problems with automated trunk, immediately after purchase navigation upgrade was issued for $299 (should be covered at least for a year or upgraded with a discount).

A luxury sedan wannabe
By ggill on 05/15/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had problems with this car ever since it was delivered. Immediately had a problem with the instrument cluster. Outside temp read below zero, so a/c would not work. Transmission noise required 10 days in shop to fix. Had several recalls. Now electronic controls (MMI) don't work. Although still under warranty, Audi wants me to pay, so they can pull and inspect unit before covering. If you call their customer service center in Michigan, be prepared for a long wait before you can speak with an "advocate", and expect a poor result. I'm buying a Lexus 460, and pity whoever buys my used Audi.

Best sedan yet
By The2thmover on 08/16/06 10:23 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

After 2 Mercedes, and 1 BMW I can easily say this is my favorite sedan I have owned. After one year of ownership I can say that reliability has easily exceeded that of Mercedes with no issues to report. It plays up to the "driver's car" side of me without being as unforgiving as the BMW. Fit, finish, and quality of interior matierials are remarkable. Every car has quirks, but the quirks with this one are either petty or livable. An outstanding automotive value.

A8 L Perfection
By Tony C on 07/26/06 21:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Owned other luxury cars and there is NOTHING like my Audi. I DEFINITELY will trade for another. My gas mileage exceeds 24 MPG on highway and 18 city. The highlight is Tiptronic transmission and all wheel drive. An absolute pleasure in the winter. Believe me the car doesn't know the difference between summer driving and winter roads. Try one you will fall in love.

audia8
By audia8 on 07/02/06 09:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

An all round excellent vehicle. All the safety & comfort features you could want built into a performance vehicle. Quality craftsmanship & outstanding audi services. If you're looking for the safety & comfort of an S-class, but want the performance of a 700 series, then your only choice is an A8.

Audi Satisfaction
By DenaliinPA on 03/20/06 19:42 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i leased my 05 A8 in December of 2004. this is my first Audi. so far my vehicle has been completely trouble free and a pleasure to own. the attention to detail inside and out is amazing. from the beautifully crafted interior to the exteriors crisp clean lines the A8 is visually satisfying from all angles. the performance and handling feel as though you are driving a much smaller vehicle. i live in the northeast and had become accustomed to parking my car and using my SUV when the snow starts to fly. not anymore. the A8 has performed flawlessly in the snowy weather. even with the original equipment all season tires you feel very confident driving on snow covered roads.

Audi A8L
By allan gushue on 02/14/06 20:14 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The Audi A8 l has been a pleasure to drive. Great for long trips...perfect high way auto.

WOW, what a car!
By Simontemplar265 on 01/10/06 15:47 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've had them all, Beemers Mercs, Lexus LS 430 and SC430's, none come close. This is the finest of the big boys. Commodius, like a limo, drives and handles and fun with the triptonic. Eats up the miles and I have 7 speeding tickets to prove it (time for a radar detector). At 130 mph it's like sitting in your living room and watching television in a very comfortable seat: If you try it, you'll buy it!. No squeaks or rattles after 20,000 miles. What a car!

Best money I ever spent on a car.
By Ken on 01/09/06 21:09 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

The car is quiet - a great mobile office. But, with the optional paddle- shifters, it's also like driving my S4 sport convertible, only heavier. It corners, accelerates, and responds phenominally. I've driven them all - this is the best interior, most luxurious, fun, responsive luxury sport-sedan in the $80-120K range. Go for the paddles, the massage & ventilated seats, and the large multi-spoke wheels. I love my black, but it's sweet in the grays too. Awesome in snow or on a sunny, winding road. MMI computer system is easy to read. Bluetooth phone system is excellent. Best $$$ I ever spent on a car!

W12 my best yet
By W. Reymond on 12/30/05 13:04 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L W12 quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (6.0L 12cyl 6A)

Having had several nice cars, Citroen SM, 928, A4, I find this the best overall designed car yet. The MPG was expected to be low, but that comes with a car of this performance. The features are extensive and useful, especially the adjustable ride which reminds me of the SM. I give this car my highest overall rating ever.