Used 2005 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Audi A8 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Waste of time and money
By alexandr408@gmail.com

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Yes its a luxurious car, awesome look/appearance, sound of V8 and exhaust are exciting. Interior specious but cargo space is smaller than chevy malibu.
From day one vehicle shows to be a very time consuming burden. I can easily afford kep up of this expensive vehicle but no mater where you go not a single shop is happy to service this poorly built non sense.

The vehicle is so unpopular that even dealer has no idea of occurring problems and how addressing the issue.
Motor started to leak oil by 80k miles, my work vehicle chevy impala ith over 200k miles does not have a motor leak as of yet.
Suspension went down due to front shock leaks. AC system had hose leak. Later sunroof began to stock. Interior: Privacy curtain has ripped, transmission shift cover broke in half, passenger seat leather ripped and was impossible to replace got it done though. All of the interior buttons peeled making car look very trashy got it replaced, later drop down mirrors in the back broke. By that time cost came over $13k on maintenance while value of the car went down by more than a half. Then I got tired of looking for a shops that would fix this so called car when dealer could not. Got rid of it and my life became a life again.

Luxury Driving At Its Nicest
By fastcompany

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Everytime I see my car I just smile knowing what a beautiful choice I made. I love the curvature and design of the car. I love the ride. The pickup is there if you need it but for style and handling it is pure luxury and I am as happy as the 1st day I got my car. The car does things I never thought existed. Roomy as heck in the back....more than enough for anyone of any size. Couldntve made a happier automobile owner.

I enjoy the different heighth settings, sports feel where the car is lowered to the dynamic range, then theres three more settings to heighten the ride for more comfortable rides in rougher terrain. I also love the rain sensors and cruise control features. The seats have more than awesome settings making a driver able to put them into the exact way they want to be felt in the seats. Also being able to lock or unlock the car using the door knobs and not the key. Very nice and convenient

I would enjoy starting the car before I drive it, I also would enjoy more cup holders and space to place things in the center console. I also noticed its very difficult to add rearview monitors to backup with a camera. I wish it came standard. Also for this vehicle I would've liked monitors inside the headrests for the rear passengers convenience. Aftermarket installations are very pricey. I would also like to have been able to lower the front a little bit more than the back on some settings somewhere. Maybe in the car settings

The Best of 2005 luxury car
By hazar

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my big failure 07 BMW X5 with this beauty : and I am very pleased with this move. . It was nightmare to own a very expensive SUV like the
07 X5 ( top of the line ) which give us only troubles... the driving of this car is nothing close to any of BMW & MB .. I drove the S class, C63 -AMG ,
as well as the BMW , but never tried the Audi which I realize the mistake I did .. This car is a luxury feeling , sporty feeling , fun feeling.. great interior , high quality material , smooth engine.. This is
the one to have in your Garage for all season ... you should know that you will not be able to drive MB in snow... It was a big failure m at least to me...

MMI , Sound System , Riding quality , speed and the power , high quality material in and out ..

I missed some gadget like the Bluetooth , IPod connection , and the Aux : cost 1300$ to install good after market one...

most expensive POS audi i ever bought!!!!!!!!
By carreona8

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i bought 2005 audi a8 back of 2009 ever since then i have problem with this car.started with tire pressure coming on for no reason.other issue, battery always discharging completely even nothing on.This car is probably the worst car out there.If anyone thinking buying one,you better think again!!.i did some research with this car before i bought it.They have desame issue im having since i got it.i should listen to other people.unless you willing to be at shop every week and spend alot of money.2005 audi a8 PSO thats the 3 letters for this car.beware!!!!!!!!never going buy audi again.

great looks but not dependable

dont buy this car!!!!!!!!!!!

Beauty with flaws
By John

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second A8 and I really love this car, but this might be the last one. These cars are very costly to maintain. Things like suspension parts breaking on a car with 32000 miles shouldn't happen, especially on a car driven very carefully on paved roads. Also electric gremlins that shouldn't happen, like parts breaking when I had it in for a software upgrade for other problems(telephone module broke). But, it looks and handles like a million dollars when it's not in the shop!

Looks, fit and finish, handling. very good visibility forward. Suspension is very good, and it can be raised or lowered as needed. Very nice navigation system, easy to use.

A little noisy in the cabin. Touchy gas pedal. Brake rotors and pads wear too fast and leaves a lot of dust. Many electrical gremlins. Parts and service are expensive.