2005 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
The Best of 2005 luxury car
By hazar on 06/03/13 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I traded in my big failure 07 BMW X5 with this beauty : and I am very pleased with this move. . It was nightmare to own a very expensive SUV like the 07 X5 ( top of the line ) which give us only troubles... the driving of this car is nothing close to any of BMW & MB .. I drove the S class, C63 -AMG , as well as the BMW , but never tried the Audi which I realize the mistake I did .. This car is a luxury feeling , sporty feeling , fun feeling.. great interior , high quality material , smooth engine.. This is the one to have in your Garage for all season ... you should know that you will not be able to drive MB in snow... It was a big failure m at least to me...

most expensive POS audi i ever bought!!!!!!!!
By carreona8 on 09/08/11 04:51 AM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

i bought 2005 audi a8 back of 2009 ever since then i have problem with this car.started with tire pressure coming on for no reason.other issue, battery always discharging completely even nothing on.This car is probably the worst car out there.If anyone thinking buying one,you better think again!!.i did some research with this car before i bought it.They have desame issue im having since i got it.i should listen to other people.unless you willing to be at shop every week and spend alot of money.2005 audi a8 PSO thats the 3 letters for this car.beware!!!!!!!!never going buy audi again.

Beauty with flaws
By John on 02/04/10 10:43 AM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second A8 and I really love this car, but this might be the last one. These cars are very costly to maintain. Things like suspension parts breaking on a car with 32000 miles shouldn't happen, especially on a car driven very carefully on paved roads. Also electric gremlins that shouldn't happen, like parts breaking when I had it in for a software upgrade for other problems(telephone module broke). But, it looks and handles like a million dollars when it's not in the shop!

A8=Great!
By Roger Lyman on 09/28/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my A8 a year ago and have found it to be a very pleasing car to drive. The car was certified and in the 18,000 miles I've driven it, there have been zero problems. My car came with 19" wheels but I had a set of 18" from a previous car and when the tires on the 19's were worn, I replaced them with the 18" wheels. This resulted in a quieter and more compliant ride with no noticeable degradation of the handling (for my driving style). The A8 pleases me greatly and I plan to keep it for a while as I don't care for the newer "Big Mouth" front design of the '06 on models. Service is expensive but Audi does sell a prepaid package that is well worth the money. Overall, a great ride.

Poor Quality
By Poor Quality on 07/23/09 16:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a certified pre-owned with 25k miles. Has been in the dealer 17 times within a little over a year of ownership: sunroof not closing, improperly designed thermostat (Audi's words not mine), Software controller staying and draining battery ($450 to replace, not covered under warranty).

Leader in quality and comfort
By auditogo on 06/09/09 13:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is best car I have had after owning several BMW models. 2005 models came with bluetooth in later production model which apparently are way more reliable than the one's with OnStar*. The only maintenance I have done over the last year is brakes and oil changes. It's hard to drive anything else once you get used to fine interior and futuristic interior. Seats are best in this class of cars. Check details online the way this car is being produced, all aluminum chassis and adjustable suspension modes provide superb ride quality. I prefer SWB over L because of aesthetics. Rear seats still provide a lot of room. MMI is easy to use and Bose stereo is the best I have come across. PPI is a must.

Horrible Experience
By J Ortiz on 03/01/09 13:24 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2005 CPO A8L 6 months ago. From the day I drove it off the lot I have had nothing but trouble. From the minor (ie. remote keys didn't work) to the major items (ie. sunroof, power trunk, console buttons, water pump, head lamps, etc.) my vehicle has been in the shop a total of 3 weeks. The CPO checklist was a total misrepresentation. Most of the items that were bad on the vehicle were checked off as having passed a "rigorous" inspection. I have owned several other luxury new and used brands. But I never had this kind of trouble before. Truly a horrible experience. The final slap in the face is the trade value. All I want to do is trade out of this car but the values are way down.

Oh yea
By SSG T on 01/31/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought a used A8L Quatrro.Man This thing is fantastic. Never owned a luxury car before,and now I know what I have been missing. The soft market on these vehicles put them in reach for those of us with the "beer pocket". I am hooked. Handling is wonderful and the power from the 4.2 is plenty for any American highway. I had to study the owners manual while I sat in the car and go step by step over all the systems. There are a lot of buttons and dials and submenus to learn. If you buy one of these cars take the time to learn it inside and out. It will make the experience so much better

I love this car
By mike on 01/26/09 15:49 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a certified pre-owned 2005 A8L and have enjoyed every element of this car, from the handling to the styling. I will say that the cost of repairs is high, but probably comparable to others in its class. I had to replace a rear view mirror and one arm rest and was quoted $500 for each repair. I also had an issue with the automatic trunk not staying down. Thankfully my certified warranty covered these items. The car is truly a looker and I still get compliments. I have recently replaced the tires and it drives like new. I love this car.

Best car for the money
By theanimala on 11/25/08 16:27 PM (PST)

2005 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I loved the A8 since the D3 model was first shown. I waited patiently for the pricing to drop to a level I could afford (preowned). I have had my CPO car for 4 months and 5K miles, and I still love it. It is not as reliable as my 98 Lexus GS400 which had almost nothing go wrong with it after 145K miles. I just had a number of things replaced at the 45K mile service, such as the trunk hinges (common problem), parktronic sensor, airbag sensor, and one softclose door sensor. Even with these little problems, I love the car. No serious issue that will leave you stranded, but still something small that requires a trip to the dealer. I do not regret my choice, regardless.