Used 2005 Audi A8 L quattro Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Waste of time and money
By alexandr408@gmail.com

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Yes its a luxurious car, awesome look/appearance, sound of V8 and exhaust are exciting. Interior specious but cargo space is smaller than chevy malibu. From day one vehicle shows to be a very time consuming burden. I can easily afford kep up of this expensive vehicle but no mater where you go not a single shop is happy to service this poorly built non sense. The vehicle is so unpopular that even dealer has no idea of occurring problems and how addressing the issue. Motor started to leak oil by 80k miles, my work vehicle chevy impala ith over 200k miles does not have a motor leak as of yet. Suspension went down due to front shock leaks. AC system had hose leak. Later sunroof began to stock. Interior: Privacy curtain has ripped, transmission shift cover broke in half, passenger seat leather ripped and was impossible to replace got it done though. All of the interior buttons peeled making car look very trashy got it replaced, later drop down mirrors in the back broke. By that time cost came over $13k on maintenance while value of the car went down by more than a half. Then I got tired of looking for a shops that would fix this so called car when dealer could not. Got rid of it and my life became a life again.

Luxury Driving At Its Nicest
By fastcompany

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Everytime I see my car I just smile knowing what a beautiful choice I made. I love the curvature and design of the car. I love the ride. The pickup is there if you need it but for style and handling it is pure luxury and I am as happy as the 1st day I got my car. The car does things I never thought existed. Roomy as heck in the back....more than enough for anyone of any size. Couldntve made a happier automobile owner.

I enjoy the different heighth settings, sports feel where the car is lowered to the dynamic range, then theres three more settings to heighten the ride for more comfortable rides in rougher terrain. I also love the rain sensors and cruise control features. The seats have more than awesome settings making a driver able to put them into the exact way they want to be felt in the seats. Also being able to lock or unlock the car using the door knobs and not the key. Very nice and convenient

I would enjoy starting the car before I drive it, I also would enjoy more cup holders and space to place things in the center console. I also noticed its very difficult to add rearview monitors to backup with a camera. I wish it came standard. Also for this vehicle I would've liked monitors inside the headrests for the rear passengers convenience. Aftermarket installations are very pricey. I would also like to have been able to lower the front a little bit more than the back on some settings somewhere. Maybe in the car settings

Poor Quality
By Poor Quality

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Purchased a certified pre-owned with 25k miles. Has been in the dealer 17 times within a little over a year of ownership: sunroof not closing, improperly designed thermostat (Audi's words not mine), Software controller staying and draining battery ($450 to replace, not covered under warranty).

Adaptive Air Suspension, Body style

Upgrade cheap plastic feeling controls: (blinker, paddle shifters) improve reliability, stand behind your products, update MMI software to latest version before car is sold, swap out plastic parts for metal.

Oh yea
By SSG T

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

Just bought a used A8L Quatrro.Man This thing is fantastic. Never owned a luxury car before,and now I know what I have been missing. The soft market on these vehicles put them in reach for those of us with the "beer pocket". I am hooked. Handling is wonderful and the power from the 4.2 is plenty for any American highway. I had to study the owners manual while I sat in the car and go step by step over all the systems. There are a lot of buttons and dials and submenus to learn. If you buy one of these cars take the time to learn it inside and out. It will make the experience so much better

Heated/cooled seats, smart-key system, rear leg room, power rear window visor, memory seats, mirrors, and steering wheel.

No need for 19 inch wheels, tires are way too expensive, road noise is too high for this level of machine.

I love this car
By mike

2005 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I bought a certified pre-owned 2005 A8L and have enjoyed every element of this car, from the handling to the styling. I will say that the cost of repairs is high, but probably comparable to others in its class. I had to replace a rear view mirror and one arm rest and was quoted $500 for each repair. I also had an issue with the automatic trunk not staying down. Thankfully my certified warranty covered these items. The car is truly a looker and I still get compliments. I have recently replaced the tires and it drives like new. I love this car.

MMI, comfort, handling, styling, performance, beauty.

My 2005 has the OnStar telematics, which are no longer in service as OnStar disavowed its analog vehicles in 12/07, truly a disappointment. Now I cannot use my integrated telephone. Also, there is no bluetooth for this model year, another disappointment. Audi should kick in for the replacement.

• SUV