Like it alot
By Rickster - o - Rama on
2004 Audi A8 L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)
After 1200 miles, still honeymooning, I have had zero initial problems. I chose the Audi after considering the 745, Lexus LS 430, and believe it or not, the X5 and Toureg. The 745 was closest but after really working at it, I remained confounded by the BMW iDrive system. I am a technology geek and this was over the edge. The MMI interface on the Audi is much more intuitive, but you do have to be a person willing to live with it for a week of daily use until you get the knack of it. The LS 430 was too stodgy looking, the X5 interior kludgy, and the Toureg was too funny looking for my taste. So, the A8L it was, and man am I happy about it.
Favorite Features
Two words - Sport Mode. The transmission in this car is incredible as is the growl of the engine. In sport mode, the car's acceleration is plentiful and spirited. Other than being a most comfortable car, it is very quiet and has an excellent sounding stereo no matter where you sit.
Suggested Improvements
I would like the display located in the dash board to be customizable, especially in terms of the radio. I have stations that I like and don't want the car to list 10 other stations in between. Rain sensing wipers would be a good addition.