2003 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Please do not buy this Audi!
By Do not like my Audi on 01/16/08 12:52 PM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the Audi A8L about 14-15 months ago. It STINKS. I am actually going to sell it. One thing after another breaks. Two Audi places cannot figure out what's wrong with the sensors that monitor the tire pressure. The window regulator broke, the adjustable headrests broke on 2 seats, the adjustable lumbar support broke on 2 seats, and MORE. The car is not reliable. The driver controls are NOT well thought out. The NAV STINKS, none of the controls are self explanatory, you cannot see the display with polarized glasses on if you are in the driver's seat. The speakers are not that good, the responsiveness is not good, and gas mileage is BAD. I could go on!

Simply Outstanding Auto
By Fanning on 09/08/06 12:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Audi, my second A8, this time an A8L with most of the options. Best automobile I have ever owned and operated. Quiet, sure-footed, solid vehicle that pampers the occupants in sumptuous surroundings. Contrary to some reviews, I find this car to be quite economical regarding gas consumption as I am getting between 34 and 37 mpg cruising at 60 mph (100 kmh). City mileage around 20 mpg. At 44000 km (27000 mi) changed tires for Michelin Pilot A/S. Any complaints about rough ride and road noise evaporated with the new rubber.

Give me a brake (yes brake)
By Gerald Krassner on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

To be in the big league price category you need a reliable well riding automobile. My A8L had brakes replaced 4 times in 50,000 miles. Navigation had to be replaced. Tire pressuer monitor never worked properly. I disconnected it. The timing chain had to be replaced at 51,000 miles. Noise level high, I used to think a window was open. Still do. Forget about the suspension, My sons Civic takes the bumps better as well as the curves.

Excellent stealth vehicle
By Beli on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

I like everything about this car, except navigation sistem. Car is very smooth and quiet, and my kids really like all that space on the back seats. I never had any problems with vehicle, and was in service only for regular maintenance. It's excellent car without to much bling-bling.

excellent driving
By cape cod on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The A8L(2003) is one of the finest cars on the road today bar none.Performance is well balanced for a car of 2.2tons. the ride Quality is excellent it's fit and finish are also excellent I longer I own it the more I enjoy it. Cape Cod

Unhappy A8L Owner
By Don'tBuyAnAudi on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been in the shop 3 times since I leased it on 2/1/03 for various problems. The tire pressure warning light came on the very first day I had the car (tire pressure sensors were ultimately replaced). The fuel gage was faulty and I ran out of gas while the gage read 1/3 tank full ("fuel gage sender" was ultimately replaced). The check engine light came on the very next day after having picked up the car from the shop the second time. It would not hold an idle and died unless I kept my foot on the gas ("instrument cluster" was replaced). The navigation system shorted ("navigation cd assembly" was replaced).

The 740i's & S430's serious alternative
By faciem on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The A8 has provided me thus far with remarkable agility and comfort for a high class sedan. It has given me a unique alternative to its brethren at Mercedes Benz and BMW, a package that offers indivudual styling, the confidence of quattro, and a very stylish and yet conservative-minded atmosphere in the cabin.

Good car
By dfmrrd on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

Well proportioned body offers a great ride. Steering is precise and ride is fantastic. Corners without a hassle. Good low-end torque and gusty engine. Brakes are excellent.

find bellow
By adolpho maidantchik on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Audi A8 Sedan L quattro AWD 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 5A)

The only problem I have is concerned to the maintenance in Rio de Janeiro. As A8 is a very sofisticated vehicle completely computorized, unffortunately our dealers and the Sena Representative have not engineers with knowledge to take care of it