Used 1999 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific A8 model:

Lovin the A8
By polly

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Had the car three and a half years. Installed S8 suspension. Excellent build quality and style, still gets compliments. Excellent milage for 300 hp V8. Very comfortable for long trips. Excellent ride handling compromise after intalling factory S8/sport suspsension Had a few minor issues covered under warrenty but my dealer (Hoehn) has been great.

Favorite Features

interior stealth look handling (after S8 supension) fuel economy vs performance quality of materials

Suggested Improvements

transmisions willingness to down shift

Vermont A8
By cbmac

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has great power and is a joy to drive. Also, the car does great in the winter, and does not even need snow tires in Vermont where we normally get more than 110 inches of snow. I have never been stuck, even going up in the mountains while going skiing.

Favorite Features

solar package aluminum frame and body panels 300 bhp V8 tiptronic transmission 17" polished wheels double insulated glass

Suggested Improvements

make a six speed manual available

03-18-03
By Rich NM

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My car now has 103,000 and it has not had any problems at all. Also, it does great in the snow, even deep snow. The dual climate control is a well designed feature. The heated seats work very well, and heat up fast even when it is -25, like it was a few times this winter. This car does not handle like other cars in the same class, it feels light and nimble (relative to the size), and can be driven at it's handling limits with ease.

Favorite Features

The power solar sunroof. It is very effective.

Unique
By Dundee

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I love my A8. All wheel drive makes it a MUST in Michigan. $550 for a broken armrest, drivers side only is a bit insane, but I expected it. I can't find any performance accessories for it on line.

Favorite Features

All wheel drive. Fast.

Suggested Improvements

Sluggish unless you really step on the pedal. Brakes are soft. Weak Stereo.

My 1999 A-8
By KEITH HARTMAN

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

A delight to drive. And a horror to bring to the Audi shop. Their idea of pricing is unreal. The major problem is suspension parts, obvious if you change your own oil as I do. Every carrying arms has electronic sensors, it appears. Nothing wears out without a whole subassembly to replace it. Most awful: a broken headlight lens cost $1100 to replace -- what? -- a light assembly going deep into the engine compartment. That aside, this is the best car I've owned (second best was a 1994 Audi 5000 stick shift, just as pretty in the driveway!).