1999 Audi A8 Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

1999 Audi A8 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A8 model:
Lovin the A8
By polly on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Had the car three and a half years. Installed S8 suspension. Excellent build quality and style, still gets compliments. Excellent milage for 300 hp V8. Very comfortable for long trips. Excellent ride handling compromise after intalling factory S8/sport suspsension Had a few minor issues covered under warrenty but my dealer (Hoehn) has been great.

Vermont A8
By cbmac on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car has great power and is a joy to drive. Also, the car does great in the winter, and does not even need snow tires in Vermont where we normally get more than 110 inches of snow. I have never been stuck, even going up in the mountains while going skiing.

03-18-03
By Rich NM on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

My car now has 103,000 and it has not had any problems at all. Also, it does great in the snow, even deep snow. The dual climate control is a well designed feature. The heated seats work very well, and heat up fast even when it is -25, like it was a few times this winter. This car does not handle like other cars in the same class, it feels light and nimble (relative to the size), and can be driven at it's handling limits with ease.

Unique
By Dundee on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I love my A8. All wheel drive makes it a MUST in Michigan. $550 for a broken armrest, drivers side only is a bit insane, but I expected it. I can't find any performance accessories for it on line.

My 1999 A-8
By KEITH HARTMAN on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

A delight to drive. And a horror to bring to the Audi shop. Their idea of pricing is unreal. The major problem is suspension parts, obvious if you change your own oil as I do. Every carrying arms has electronic sensors, it appears. Nothing wears out without a whole subassembly to replace it. Most awful: a broken headlight lens cost $1100 to replace -- what? -- a light assembly going deep into the engine compartment. That aside, this is the best car I've owned (second best was a 1994 Audi 5000 stick shift, just as pretty in the driveway!).

Never follow
By GDFofHouston on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased an A8 because a BMW service advisor recommended it over a similar 740. He was right! Not only was it thousands less, but the performance is remarkable. The car is noticeably more nimble than the BMW. The quattro system was superb during the fall monsoons in Houston. Advantage Audi in Houston treated me like royalty when I brought the car in for an oil change, which surprised me as I bought the car in Ohio. If you haven't driven one, you should before you buy any other premium car.

My A8: So close to being a great car
By programme on 08/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I was looking for a high quality car that didn't attract attention. Puchased an A8 lease trade-in with 28000 mi. Automatic everything. Wish I had seats like this in my house. Quick and agile for its size. Refreshing to drive. 19mpg around town. 24mpg highway. After 15000 miles were still getting to know each other, but I'm hopeful for a long- term relationship.

One of the Best BigEuro Sedans ever made
By Brutus on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Understated luxury in an all-aluminum chassis and body. It's sportslike handling capabilities from this "big cat" is just one of great things about this Audi A8. After 3 years, it still is as beautiful as the day I picked it up and has the same tight and powerful drive feel too.

Pearl 1999 A8Q
By MAZ on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

Bought the car with 2600 miles on it from Audi. Great cruiser, handles pretty well for a 4k lb car, German comfort/build quality and quattro cannot be beat. Burled walnut everywhere. The Bose stereo is only OK - that's the only gripe I really have as far as features. A+ seats - big, firm and adjustable.

What a car!
By bob franks on 03/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Audi A8 Sedan quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

This car is a great car in every way. There is not a bit or wind or road noise at speeds of 75+ mph. Also the engine is very powerful and quiet. This car can handle better than cars that are much smaller and feels no larger than the A6 on the road.