1997 Audi A8 Consumer Review: An automotive jewell!

1997 Audi A8 - Consumer Review

quattro Sedan (4.2L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

An automotive jewell!
By jojo mojo on

1997 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD

I purchased a used '97 Quattro with all extras - winter, hot weather and convenience packages. On top of that the Nav system is upgraded to the Euro version with a big screen in the center console, as well as 3 10" subs in the trunk. All I need is a Phatnoise MP3 player in place of the CD changer, and a fridge, and I can live in this car. :)) Learn how to do small repairs and you'll avoid the dealer charges. I just replaced valve cover gasket myself - $60 for parts (not from the dealer - plenty websites sell original parts) and two hours because I took my time. I change my oil, brakes, sparkplugs, and other simple maintenance!

Powerful engine, heated seats and steering wheel, navigation, dual zone climate control, Bose sound system. Purchase the Vag-Com and you can mess with any of the car's computers! Make your windows go up and down using your remote :)) Overall, an awesome car. I would recommend to anyone any day!!!

Gas mileage is lower than stated (at least mine is).