2016 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Third Time is NOT the Charm
By bruce s.

2016 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This is my third A6. I loved my other two and actually went to a new dealership for the third and had a wonderfully helpful sales person. The third one is the best looking of my three and I was so ready to love it. I hate it. Literally, the worst car I have had since my first BMW 7 series. I bought the prestige model with all the technology packages including the heads up display and driver assist. Truly, almost nothing works right. I can't input addresses into the GPS, the brake assist never works, it rattles like the frame is not welded onto the frame, the phone system and voice activation never gets names rights and I constantly loose calls that I am able to keep when driving the same route in my wife's Mercedes. I have been on the phone with 'Audi Experience' no less than 20 times. I have been through endless fights with service where I can demonstrate what is not working, take screen shots and they admit they cannot fix it. The regional service rep was going to call his software guy in Germany except the guy was on vacation. I think I will need to look into 'lemon law' protection as this is intolerable. Going back to Mercedes or BMW. They are totally clueless. I went from being a loyal Audi fan to hating every day in the car. Buyer beware!

Great to drive
By David Sherry

2016 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

This A6 is one of the smoothest rides I have had. Great acceleration and command of the road. A joy to drive.

Last car
By Doll

2016 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Explore all discounts

Not bad, but still disappointed
By Yury

2016 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Coming from 5-series BMW I see a few faults in this car: horrible gas mileage for a 2 liter engine! I'm getting about 12 mpg in traffic with rather conservative driving habits. Navigation system is OK, but certainly missing street routing and traffic display for local streets that I'm acostoumed to relay on for my daily commute. Engine vibration, while not a deal breaker, can be pretty annoying in stop and go traffic. Controls are less than intuitive (may be personal preference).

Still in the honeymoon phase
By Robert Howard

2016 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

So far really enjoying the A6. It's the right size, looks terrific, a comfortable cruiser and the materials inside and out are top notch. It's really too early to comment about things like reliability, maintenance costs etc., but both my wife (the primary driver) and I feel good about the purchase. The A6 replaces a Q5 which was our first Audi and the ownership experience was stellar.