2014 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi A6 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Brakes
By Phil

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

i lease a 2014 Audi a6. the car sits in my heated garage from December to April. i leased the car in May and during the first winter the brake pads froze to the rotors. When i tried to move the car in the Spring i had to gun the motor to brake them loose. the audi dealership said the only solution was to replace the rotors and i only had 13,000 miles. i had the rotors turned at a local shop and this lasted for 4 months before the rotors were again corroded. At this point i no choice but to replace the rotors and Audi was no help. they said it was normal wear and tear. The dealership was very helpful in covering some of the costs but Audi covered nothing. Thin twice about a new Audi

Best in class
By John

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Phenomenal mid-size luxury car! All of the benefits of the old, large V8 engines that used to be in the luxury cars, without any drawbacks. Not only do I get smooth power basically anywhere in the powerband, but I get exceptional fuel economy if I am cruising on the highway. The supercharger allows for the immediacy in power, which is essential for drama-free passing on the highway, and it also allows for quiet, efficient cruising. With a light foot, I have had the car exceed 38 mpg, with normal highway cruising returning ~30 mpg. I mean seriously, it feels like a crime having both power and efficiency. Everything else is as expected: quiet, comfortable cabin with class-leading technology, layout and materials used. The screen is beautiful, with NVIDIA graphics allowing for beautiful map rendering, the Bose sound system is rich, and the MMI is fantastic once you get used to it. I am techy so it took me about 1 day to learn the system while driving around, but I feel as though almost everything makes sense in terms of layout and ergonomics. The ride is not as supple as some of ultra-luxury cars with air-suspension, but those cars are no fun to drive. This is the perfect compromise. I bought the car used with ~5k miles on the odometer, which not only took a few thousand off the price, but more importantly gave me the piece of mind of a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty! My only question is how much less power does the 2.0T have? Because for day-to-day commuting, you don't even get into the power in this car. Yes, it's nice to have the power to pass 98% of cars I see on the highway, but at the same time, 90% of my driving is done with efficiency in mind.

2014 Audi A6 - After 6 months
By kcmo3

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought a new A6 Prestige 3.0 in May 2014. Cold weather package, LED, 19" sport package...etc. After owning the car for 6 months, I can say that it is comfortable, quiet, and delivers enough power with the twin turbo engine but this car is not a "sport sedan". It has a tendency to understeer and the dynamic driving mode doesn't seem to help with suspension stiffness. The power comes in around 3K RPM when the turbo come on. Car interior: I'd give it a B based on the fact that it has 4 zone climate control, ventilated seats, quiet cabin, shades... but these are all options you have to pay for. Door trim needs leather instead of plastic. MMI system is a fail.

It's a good car for grandpa. If you want something more aggressive, I would recommend the S6 - I didn't go that route because at $85K(with options), the cost is a bit prohibitive. MMI system is ok but needs improvements. No customization options. They ask for $30 per month in order to get data feed and 3G connection. The display screen is really cheap and looks like a laptop screen from 1992. The MMI cable is 3 inches long which doesn't give you the option to look at your phone unless you take you eyes off the road. Dangerous if you need to unlock the phone. Also MMI cable provided by Audi is for iphone4 - Duh! they gave me a cheap adapter for iphone 5. Works most of the time.

Make the suspension stiffer in Sport/dynamic mode. MMI cable needs to be longer. Display screen quality is cheap. What about making it a touchscreen? MMI systems are locked in every way they could think about locking this thing to avoid any type of user customization. The driver assist is cool but too restrictive - camera system is really cool but sometimes views are not usable day or night and I can't figure out why. Audi teamed up with T-Mobile to offer data feed and 3G but the $30 per month cost is a joke. I should be able to tether my phone to the system but Audi locked that feature too.

2.0 Quattro plenty of power.
By gltrans1

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd A6. I had a 2008 3.2 and then a 2011 3.0. This time I had to decide whether to spend the extra money to stay with the 3.0 engine or drop down to the 2.0. After test driving the 2.0 on local roads and the interstate highway I determined that it had plenty of power for my driving style. My commute to work is only 10 minutes each day and my highway driving is pretty much limited to visiting my kids at college. Power accelerating onto the highway was great and going up hills locally was fine. Transmission shifts very smoothly. I saved a lot of money dropping down to the 2.0 while maintaining all the other great Audi features that I had in my prior two A6s.

Premium plus trim level with Bose Sound (Awesome). MMI is much easier to use then prior years. 7" screen much easier to see. Can't beat the Cold Weather package for heating up the steering wheel in the winter.

2014 Audi 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus
By dogmanherman

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Comfortable & beautiful luxurious interior. Fit & finish in & out excellent. All buttons & switches have a Quality feel.Loaded with options .Excellent ride that is adjustable.I have the handling option with 19" all season tires. The 20" wheel option probably gives a rougher ride. Very supple ride with sport sedan feel & comfort.Steering & engine & shift styles also adjustable. Transmission (8 speed) shifts very smoothly.Very pleasant ride at high speeds & solid road feel. You can be going 85 - 90 MPH & not feel the speed. Very comfortable adjustable seats.

Adjustable steering feel,ride quality & quattro 4 wheel drive. Navigation screen radio & wi fi & Bluetooth Most functions work with voice commands. Trip computer. Music lists & album covers come up on the pop up screen.Tons of electronic gizmos.Engine is very strong & quiet.Got 28+ MPG while breaking in. Can plug in your I pod & play through the MMI car system

The Jukebox has a hard drive that can be loaded with your favorite music (20GB's worth). The loading instructions procedure for CD's is supposed to work by loading cd's into the jukebox with a CD in the drive & clicked on the CD function box to "import".It doesn't work! After hours of trying & a trip to the dealer I found out this function does NOT WORK despite the instructions.I've read about others bitterly complaining about this in some of the Audi forums & about how frustrating & exasperating & time wasting this is.Audi should make it work as described or tell customers it's a dysfunctional & misleading headache . It 's supposed to work with SD cards also ,but I haven't tried yet

• SUV