2014 Audi A6 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi A6 Sedan

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

2014 Audi A6 - After 6 months
By kcmo3

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I bought a new A6 Prestige 3.0 in May 2014. Cold weather package, LED, 19" sport package...etc. After owning the car for 6 months, I can say that it is comfortable, quiet, and delivers enough power with the twin turbo engine but this car is not a "sport sedan". It has a tendency to understeer and the dynamic driving mode doesn't seem to help with suspension stiffness. The power comes in around 3K RPM when the turbo come on. Car interior: I'd give it a B based on the fact that it has 4 zone climate control, ventilated seats, quiet cabin, shades... but these are all options you have to pay for. Door trim needs leather instead of plastic. MMI system is a fail.

Favorite Features

It's a good car for grandpa. If you want something more aggressive, I would recommend the S6 - I didn't go that route because at $85K(with options), the cost is a bit prohibitive. MMI system is ok but needs improvements. No customization options. They ask for $30 per month in order to get data feed and 3G connection. The display screen is really cheap and looks like a laptop screen from 1992. The MMI cable is 3 inches long which doesn't give you the option to look at your phone unless you take you eyes off the road. Dangerous if you need to unlock the phone. Also MMI cable provided by Audi is for iphone4 - Duh! they gave me a cheap adapter for iphone 5. Works most of the time.

Suggested Improvements

Make the suspension stiffer in Sport/dynamic mode. MMI cable needs to be longer. Display screen quality is cheap. What about making it a touchscreen? MMI systems are locked in every way they could think about locking this thing to avoid any type of user customization. The driver assist is cool but too restrictive - camera system is really cool but sometimes views are not usable day or night and I can't figure out why. Audi teamed up with T-Mobile to offer data feed and 3G but the $30 per month cost is a joke. I should be able to tether my phone to the system but Audi locked that feature too.

2.0 Quattro plenty of power.
By gltrans1

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my 3rd A6. I had a 2008 3.2 and then a 2011 3.0. This time I had to decide whether to spend the extra money to stay with the 3.0 engine or drop down to the 2.0. After test driving the 2.0 on local roads and the interstate highway I determined that it had plenty of power for my driving style. My commute to work is only 10 minutes each day and my highway driving is pretty much limited to visiting my kids at college. Power accelerating onto the highway was great and going up hills locally was fine. Transmission shifts very smoothly. I saved a lot of money dropping down to the 2.0 while maintaining all the other great Audi features that I had in my prior two A6s.

Favorite Features

Premium plus trim level with Bose Sound (Awesome). MMI is much easier to use then prior years. 7" screen much easier to see. Can't beat the Cold Weather package for heating up the steering wheel in the winter.

2014 Audi 3.0 Quattro Premium Plus
By dogmanherman

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Comfortable & beautiful luxurious interior. Fit & finish in & out excellent. All buttons & switches have a Quality feel.Loaded with options .Excellent ride that is adjustable.I have the handling option with 19" all season tires. The 20" wheel option probably gives a rougher ride. Very supple ride with sport sedan feel & comfort.Steering & engine & shift styles also adjustable. Transmission (8 speed) shifts very smoothly.Very pleasant ride at high speeds & solid road feel. You can be going 85 - 90 MPH & not feel the speed. Very comfortable adjustable seats.

Favorite Features

Adjustable steering feel,ride quality & quattro 4 wheel drive. Navigation screen radio & wi fi & Bluetooth Most functions work with voice commands. Trip computer. Music lists & album covers come up on the pop up screen.Tons of electronic gizmos.Engine is very strong & quiet.Got 28+ MPG while breaking in. Can plug in your I pod & play through the MMI car system

Suggested Improvements

The Jukebox has a hard drive that can be loaded with your favorite music (20GB's worth). The loading instructions procedure for CD's is supposed to work by loading cd's into the jukebox with a CD in the drive & clicked on the CD function box to "import".It doesn't work! After hours of trying & a trip to the dealer I found out this function does NOT WORK despite the instructions.I've read about others bitterly complaining about this in some of the Audi forums & about how frustrating & exasperating & time wasting this is.Audi should make it work as described or tell customers it's a dysfunctional & misleading headache . It 's supposed to work with SD cards also ,but I haven't tried yet

Perfect car
By nathanmdk

2014 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

A perfect cross between comfort ride and quick, responsive acceleration. Subtleties in cabin design give a sense of an expansive cockpit with the right amount of leather and wood trim to give a luxurious feel but still got the aluminum accent for its sporty side. Got mine with Prestige package, LED lights, and cold weather package for $57,200.

Favorite Features

LED lights are extremely bright and a head-turner. Nav system is on a huge screen.

Suggested Improvements

Need a button to change radio station without lifting finger off the wheel. Google Earth is an over-kill. MMI needs other other apps like Pandora.