Used 2014 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Audi A6

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Pretty great car
By Gary Powers

2014 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had this car two years, literally no issues at all except for the tires, two tires at 10,000 and 12,000 had the same issue, inside wall failure supposedly due to road hazard, one front and one rear. I have 14,000 miles on this car. Taken two long road trips, from Los Angeles to the Grand Canyon, and Los Angeles to Phoenix. It is fantastic road car, averaged 27.4 MPG. I love the side assist feature, works flawlessly. The Bose sound system is fantastic. The other great feature is the ability to change handling, 4 different settings, love this feature. It's extremely comfortable to drive, easily feel the road through the steering wheel. The navigation takes a bit getting used to as it totally voice controlled, sometimes it takes 2-3 commands for the system to get the address correctly. Overall navigation is quite easy to use. The controls are easy to find and use without distracting attention from the road. The amount of features takes a while to become used to and familiar in using. I chose the 2.0 engine on purpose, has a lot of torque, and the turbo is immediate in response. And in Los Angeles you'll never use all the power of the 3.0 engine anyway, unless you drive after midnight. I'm quite surprised at the quality and reliability of this car, I was expecting some issues, but not one so far, except for the tires.

Great driver's car
By Dan

2014 Audi A6 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

We love to drive this car. It's a rocket, getting 40 to 42 MPG on the highway. Beautiful interor, quiet.

Brakes
By Phil

2014 Audi A6 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

i lease a 2014 Audi a6. the car sits in my heated garage from December to April. i leased the car in May and during the first winter the brake pads froze to the rotors. When i tried to move the car in the Spring i had to gun the motor to brake them loose. the audi dealership said the only solution was to replace the rotors and i only had 13,000 miles. i had the rotors turned at a local shop and this lasted for 4 months before the rotors were again corroded. At this point i no choice but to replace the rotors and Audi was no help. they said it was normal wear and tear. The dealership was very helpful in covering some of the costs but Audi covered nothing. Thin twice about a new Audi

Best in class
By John

2014 Audi A6 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Phenomenal mid-size luxury car! All of the benefits of the old, large V8 engines that used to be in the luxury cars, without any drawbacks. Not only do I get smooth power basically anywhere in the powerband, but I get exceptional fuel economy if I am cruising on the highway. The supercharger allows for the immediacy in power, which is essential for drama-free passing on the highway, and it also allows for quiet, efficient cruising. With a light foot, I have had the car exceed 38 mpg, with normal highway cruising returning ~30 mpg. I mean seriously, it feels like a crime having both power and efficiency.

Everything else is as expected: quiet, comfortable cabin with class-leading technology, layout and materials used. The screen is beautiful, with NVIDIA graphics allowing for beautiful map rendering, the Bose sound system is rich, and the MMI is fantastic once you get used to it. I am techy so it took me about 1 day to learn the system while driving around, but I feel as though almost everything makes sense in terms of layout and ergonomics. The ride is not as supple as some of ultra-luxury cars with air-suspension, but those cars are no fun to drive. This is the perfect compromise.

I bought the car used with ~5k miles on the odometer, which not only took a few thousand off the price, but more importantly gave me the piece of mind of a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty! My only question is how much less power does the 2.0T have? Because for day-to-day commuting, you don't even get into the power in this car. Yes, it's nice to have the power to pass 98% of cars I see on the highway, but at the same time, 90% of my driving is done with efficiency in mind.

Beautiful body, tough on tires,
By Audi Reviewer

2014 Audi A6 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Owned my 2014 A6 TDI Premium+ for 18 months and have driven it 30,000 miles. Pros: THE best looking styling of all European/Japanese/American mid-size luxury sedans, hands down. Love the TDI diesel--44+mpg combined, quicker than a bullet, quiet engine (see the one major con on this engine below). Road handling is superb and this car is a blast to drive on a curvy highway. Cons--On the other hand...not the most comfy to drive on long trips and I have taken this car cross country. I get it's a sports sedan but after a while the lack of expected comfort starts to wear on you (esp. on a $60,000+ car). Tires--I have 30,000 miles on them, I don't drive hard, but the dealer told me I have about 10,000 miles left on them. What? 40,000 miles on a set of Dunlops? Biggest beef--as the tread wears down the noise these tires make is unbearably loud. Last issue-- Audi sends me a letter letting me know my TDI diesel engine was engineered to run on UP TO 5% biodiesel. Unfortunately I live in a state that mandates the sale of 20% biodiesel in the warmer months. Nice. Wish my dealer would have mentioned that to me when I bought the car. Audi goes on to state in the letter to me that in any event, they WILL honor any warranty issues arising out of the use of this biodiesel. As one who usually "buys them and drives them forever", I don't think I want to own this car after the warranty expires. I love this car but doubtful I will buy another diesel engine as long as I live in this state. I realize this is not Audi's problem but hopefully they are working on this biodiesel issue.