The best of the best
By nstrane on
2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I had a chance to test drive the 2012 Jag XF and the BMW 535 and 550. I opted out of Mercedes finding the styling of the E-class too uninspiring. the A6 which in my mind was perfect. The car is easy to maneuver at low speeds which the steering tightening up at higher speeds. The build quality is impeccable. The styling is more forward thinking than that of MB and Lexus. The LEDs set the car apart as does that Bang and Olufsen sound system. I found the Audi MMI very intuitive and actually fun to operate. The A6 3.0t is a fast engine with a transmission and chassis that makes it feel like the car is hardly working at high speeds. Plain and simple, it puts a smile on my face every day.
Favorite Features
Styling. The A6 is more youthful than MB and Cadillac and more daring that BMW and Lexus. Space. The A6 has apple leg room in the front and back seats as well as the trunk. Fuel economy. I'm getting 30 mpg highway in a 4K lbs 6.0 midsized luxury sedan. Heads Up Display and Instrument Cluster are both easy to read day or night. The HUD can actually be read with most polarized sunglasses. 360 degree camera. Will save you from curbing your rims and running over objects in your driveway Interior. I have black with natural grain ash wood inlays. The ash wood inlays are matte which add a richness and plays off nicely with the metal trim, black leather and aluminum trim of the B&O speakers.
Suggested Improvements
The only weakness (if you can call it that) of this car is the seats. The seats are good but not great. The problem is that Audi has done such a good job in making every other aspect of this car great that it make the just "good" seat seem inadequate. Having previously owed a BMW 335i and X5 in addition to testing the 2012 535, BMW does make the best seats. Audi needs to work on this. However, the A6 beats the 5 series in every other aspect to the point that it makes the seats a non-issue in the end.