A great car for the upper midwest
By nytterbo on
2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)
I had looked at the Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 Series and the Lexus GS. I thought the Audi drove and handled better; and although a personal opinion, I liked the exterior and interior styling better than the other cars. I previously had a 2009 Audi A6 3.2 Quatro and I was planning on buying another 6 cylinder car. However, I was very surprised with the power of the 4 cylinder turbo and its lack of NHV, so I bought a car with that engine in Quatro trim. I have not regretted buying the 4 cylinder car and found it to be more than adequate for my typical driving style and commute. Also, when I let friends drive the car, they are surprised it is not a 6 cylinder.
Favorite Features
I live in Minnesota and this past winter has been brutal with many big snowfalls and poor driving conditions. I always feel secure and confident when driving in snow snow, 9 inches fell yesterday morning, and the car has held its own this winter versus my larger SUVs. The Audi is a superb vehicle for driving in snow and bad weather. When the weather is good, the car is a great long range cruiser. We take 3-4 trips to northern Michigan each year and the car is both comfortable on the long drive as well as fun to drive on the secondary roads we take for the majority of the trip.
Suggested Improvements
In this price range and vehicle category, I am surprised the car does not have a power tilt steering wheel.