2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

2013 A6 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

Sort Reviews by

A great car for the upper midwest
By nytterbo

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had looked at the Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 Series and the Lexus GS. I thought the Audi drove and handled better; and although a personal opinion, I liked the exterior and interior styling better than the other cars. I previously had a 2009 Audi A6 3.2 Quatro and I was planning on buying another 6 cylinder car. However, I was very surprised with the power of the 4 cylinder turbo and its lack of NHV, so I bought a car with that engine in Quatro trim. I have not regretted buying the 4 cylinder car and found it to be more than adequate for my typical driving style and commute. Also, when I let friends drive the car, they are surprised it is not a 6 cylinder.

Favorite Features

I live in Minnesota and this past winter has been brutal with many big snowfalls and poor driving conditions. I always feel secure and confident when driving in snow snow, 9 inches fell yesterday morning, and the car has held its own this winter versus my larger SUVs. The Audi is a superb vehicle for driving in snow and bad weather. When the weather is good, the car is a great long range cruiser. We take 3-4 trips to northern Michigan each year and the car is both comfortable on the long drive as well as fun to drive on the secondary roads we take for the majority of the trip.

Suggested Improvements

In this price range and vehicle category, I am surprised the car does not have a power tilt steering wheel.

Nice Car Could Use Some Tweaks
By stuatoe

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall like this car a lot. 1st Audi . Have owned 5-7 Audis, 2 Porsches and a E55. The seats are the worst of this group. BMW's best. Needs more support everywhere. The cup holders are way too small and center arm rest interferes. Should switch the cup and freeform spaces front and back of shifter. Engine is great. Plenty of power when requested Pleased with MPG, 20.8 doing mostly suburban driving. Highway is 25-28 mpg. 20" Pirellis have been a bear. Road hazards find these tires. Comfortable to drive, BMW & Porsche much better. MMI is a mess. Too complicated, many submenus, knobs etc. Handling is betters by BMW and Porsche.

Favorite Features

Voice command, handwriting recognition for navigation display of almost all functions between MPH and RPM dials, acceleration, overall cruising comfort, reliability, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, better stereo, simplify MMI, give more control via MMI for Bluetooth streamed music players, move and enlarge cup holders, fixed display vs. present retracting display, better handling, tires not so susceptible to road hazards, longer service intervals, simpler navigation integration with Google maps, auto close trunk.

2013 A6 Audio System Problems
By rfsbranch

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I own a 2013 Audi A6 2.0T. The vehicle was defective from day 1. While I love the car overall, one big watch out is an issues with MMI equipped cars with their standard sound system that intermittently sends a very loud, starting boom noise. The sound will cut out for up to a minute and then play normally until the next time. It can happen infrequently or several times in a day. If you are considering purchasing this vehicle beware of this major, unresolved issue. I have heard that several other models have the same issue. Audi stalled on acknowledging the issue for about 6 months and still does not have a fix. It is believed to be software related.

Very Nice Ride
By stock_genius

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Aviator blue with brown interior. Love the way it handles, gets lots of looks, looks nicer than a BMW 5 series and Benz E class. Very quick off the line and top end. The four rings in my opinion has out done Lexus, BMW and Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Night vision, Heads up display, Prestige package, Innovation package and 20" sport package.

Suggested Improvements

None, keep doing what you are doing

Fantastic Car..........but
By rudybucks

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Only have the car for a week. Overall it is a great car, but, not designed for a "portly elderly man" as it is a bit difficult to get in and out particularly if you have bad knees! Once in the car everything is fine. Traded a 2010 Lincoln MKT which developed rattles after only a year or so. It also had "Unintended Acceleration"! Yes, it accelerated when I didn't intend it to do so! Dealer would not acknowledge or fix the problem. After more than a dozen incidents, I know it was NOT me!

Favorite Features

Ride and handling is fantastic. All electronics, although somewhat difficult to learn are very useful and/or entertaining.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder size needs to be bigger. Starbuck cups barely fit and McDonalds cups do not! Letting size on labeling needs to be larger for us older guys!

Absolutely Incredible!
By dustman98

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

When the lease was up on my 2010 Acura TL (which coincidentally was my 3rd TL in a row), I decided it was time to explore other options in luxury performance sedans. I test drove some of the usual suspects (BMW 528x and 535x, Cadillac CTS), as well as some lower priced options (Ford Taurus SHO, Chrysler 300C), before ultimately deciding on my 2103 A6 3.0T prestige. I decided to skip Mercedes (too stodgy), and Lexus (too plain) so that made the decision even easier. Every time I sit down in this car it brings a huge smile to my face and its sexy good looks turn heads everywhere I go! If you want a beautiful, fun sedan that you won't see parked beside you at the mall then the A6 is for you!

Favorite Features

The A6 has amazing handling and traction, especially compared to the competition. The engine's performance makes every drive an absolute pleasure and the BOSE surround sound system makes the well designed interior feel like a concert hall. Also, the prestige package adds a lot of great options that are very costly or not available on competing models. This car has a very engaging driving experience and I look forward to every moment in it.

Suggested Improvements

This is a stretch but the only complaint I've had with this car is the power rear sunshade rattling when it's lowered and the radio is on. This issue was easily addressed under warranty at the Audi dealer where I purchased the car from. Otherwise this car is amazing!

The best value in true luxury sedans
By whittonm

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We have driven entry level luxury cars for years (Infiniti G, Acura TL, BMW 335). We looked at these again recently when trading in our 335xi coupe - nothing special or exciting. The new BMW was downright expensive with any nice options. We looked at the Audi A4, A5, A6. The A6 has everything - great price, great economy, great interior, and the dealership was much better than our Seinfeldesque BMW dealer. We had to get the A6 and have not regretted it.

Favorite Features

Interior style, features, fuel economy, price, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Some shortcuts in the MMI to get to useful things like navigation destination, and stop asking whether I want to make a wireless connection!

2013 A6 2.0T Quattro
By mrweeks

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I owned a 2006 A4, and just traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 in on my new 2013 Audi A6 2.0T Quattro. I loved my Q5.(I was scared of the decrease of value since the 2013 facelift.) I have had this car a little over a week, and driving it feels safe and exciting. The car handles brilliant. The engine would trick your mind if you didn't know it was a 4cyl. It really feels like a 6 cyl. I was really tossed up between the E350 and this and I am glad I choose the A6. I also love the dynamic & comfort switching feature.

Favorite Features

Okay, so I am a little corky on the things that make this car so attractive. I am in love with the interior lighting on the doors at night. My passengers are constantly using the Audi Connect WIFI that came free for 6 months. I love the seat belt tensioner. The color dashboard computer is amazing. I love the touch writing pad to enter letters for navigation. I love the finishes of the wood, the quality of craftsmanship and the overall exterior of the car. I also love the black headliner that I choose along with the sport spiderweb looking wheels. It makes the car feel much sportier since I am a young executive who is barely 30.

Suggested Improvements

Power tilt wheel Standard tinted windows in the rear Fog lamps on the premium plus LED Lights to stay on when blinker is on Paddle shifters standard on premium plus

forget BMW, Mercedes, and Jaguar
By 55george55

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I reviewed and tested the 5 series, e class and the jag but decides that the A6 was the next car for me. The interior, technology and price won me over. I have the car about a month already and am 100% sure i made the right choice. I recomend the A6 to anyone looking at a midsize car in the $50k range.

Favorite Features

Interior look and workmanship, the statndard features (Prem Plus), the ride and value.

Suggested Improvements

For a car in this price range i would have expected a power stearing wheel adjuster (the premium plus only comes with a maunual one)

The best of the best
By nstrane

2013 Audi A6 Sedan 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I had a chance to test drive the 2012 Jag XF and the BMW 535 and 550. I opted out of Mercedes finding the styling of the E-class too uninspiring. the A6 which in my mind was perfect. The car is easy to maneuver at low speeds which the steering tightening up at higher speeds. The build quality is impeccable. The styling is more forward thinking than that of MB and Lexus. The LEDs set the car apart as does that Bang and Olufsen sound system. I found the Audi MMI very intuitive and actually fun to operate. The A6 3.0t is a fast engine with a transmission and chassis that makes it feel like the car is hardly working at high speeds. Plain and simple, it puts a smile on my face every day.

Favorite Features

Styling. The A6 is more youthful than MB and Cadillac and more daring that BMW and Lexus. Space. The A6 has apple leg room in the front and back seats as well as the trunk. Fuel economy. I'm getting 30 mpg highway in a 4K lbs 6.0 midsized luxury sedan. Heads Up Display and Instrument Cluster are both easy to read day or night. The HUD can actually be read with most polarized sunglasses. 360 degree camera. Will save you from curbing your rims and running over objects in your driveway Interior. I have black with natural grain ash wood inlays. The ash wood inlays are matte which add a richness and plays off nicely with the metal trim, black leather and aluminum trim of the B&O speakers.

Suggested Improvements

The only weakness (if you can call it that) of this car is the seats. The seats are good but not great. The problem is that Audi has done such a good job in making every other aspect of this car great that it make the just "good" seat seem inadequate. Having previously owed a BMW 335i and X5 in addition to testing the 2012 535, BMW does make the best seats. Audi needs to work on this. However, the A6 beats the 5 series in every other aspect to the point that it makes the seats a non-issue in the end.