Used 2013 Audi A6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:

A great car for the upper midwest
By nytterbo

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had looked at the Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 Series and the Lexus GS. I thought the Audi drove and handled better; and although a personal opinion, I liked the exterior and interior styling better than the other cars. I previously had a 2009 Audi A6 3.2 Quatro and I was planning on buying another 6 cylinder car. However, I was very surprised with the power of the 4 cylinder turbo and its lack of NHV, so I bought a car with that engine in Quatro trim. I have not regretted buying the 4 cylinder car and found it to be more than adequate for my typical driving style and commute. Also, when I let friends drive the car, they are surprised it is not a 6 cylinder.

Favorite Features

I live in Minnesota and this past winter has been brutal with many big snowfalls and poor driving conditions. I always feel secure and confident when driving in snow snow, 9 inches fell yesterday morning, and the car has held its own this winter versus my larger SUVs. The Audi is a superb vehicle for driving in snow and bad weather. When the weather is good, the car is a great long range cruiser. We take 3-4 trips to northern Michigan each year and the car is both comfortable on the long drive as well as fun to drive on the secondary roads we take for the majority of the trip.

Suggested Improvements

In this price range and vehicle category, I am surprised the car does not have a power tilt steering wheel.

Nice Car Could Use Some Tweaks
By stuatoe

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall like this car a lot. 1st Audi . Have owned 5-7 Audis, 2 Porsches and a E55. The seats are the worst of this group. BMW's best. Needs more support everywhere. The cup holders are way too small and center arm rest interferes. Should switch the cup and freeform spaces front and back of shifter. Engine is great. Plenty of power when requested Pleased with MPG, 20.8 doing mostly suburban driving. Highway is 25-28 mpg. 20" Pirellis have been a bear. Road hazards find these tires. Comfortable to drive, BMW & Porsche much better. MMI is a mess. Too complicated, many submenus, knobs etc. Handling is betters by BMW and Porsche.

Favorite Features

Voice command, handwriting recognition for navigation display of almost all functions between MPH and RPM dials, acceleration, overall cruising comfort, reliability, exterior looks.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, better stereo, simplify MMI, give more control via MMI for Bluetooth streamed music players, move and enlarge cup holders, fixed display vs. present retracting display, better handling, tires not so susceptible to road hazards, longer service intervals, simpler navigation integration with Google maps, auto close trunk.

2013 A6 Audio System Problems
By rfsbranch

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I own a 2013 Audi A6 2.0T. The vehicle was defective from day 1. While I love the car overall, one big watch out is an issues with MMI equipped cars with their standard sound system that intermittently sends a very loud, starting boom noise. The sound will cut out for up to a minute and then play normally until the next time. It can happen infrequently or several times in a day. If you are considering purchasing this vehicle beware of this major, unresolved issue. I have heard that several other models have the same issue. Audi stalled on acknowledging the issue for about 6 months and still does not have a fix. It is believed to be software related.

Very Nice Ride
By stock_genius

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Aviator blue with brown interior. Love the way it handles, gets lots of looks, looks nicer than a BMW 5 series and Benz E class. Very quick off the line and top end. The four rings in my opinion has out done Lexus, BMW and Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Night vision, Heads up display, Prestige package, Innovation package and 20" sport package.

Suggested Improvements

None, keep doing what you are doing

Fantastic Car..........but
By rudybucks

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Only have the car for a week. Overall it is a great car, but, not designed for a "portly elderly man" as it is a bit difficult to get in and out particularly if you have bad knees! Once in the car everything is fine. Traded a 2010 Lincoln MKT which developed rattles after only a year or so. It also had "Unintended Acceleration"! Yes, it accelerated when I didn't intend it to do so! Dealer would not acknowledge or fix the problem. After more than a dozen incidents, I know it was NOT me!

Favorite Features

Ride and handling is fantastic. All electronics, although somewhat difficult to learn are very useful and/or entertaining.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder size needs to be bigger. Starbuck cups barely fit and McDonalds cups do not! Letting size on labeling needs to be larger for us older guys!