2013 Audi A6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A6 model:
A great car for the upper midwest
By nytterbo on 02/19/14 13:50 PM (PST)

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I had looked at the Mercedes E Class, BMW 5 Series and the Lexus GS. I thought the Audi drove and handled better; and although a personal opinion, I liked the exterior and interior styling better than the other cars. I previously had a 2009 Audi A6 3.2 Quatro and I was planning on buying another 6 cylinder car. However, I was very surprised with the power of the 4 cylinder turbo and its lack of NHV, so I bought a car with that engine in Quatro trim. I have not regretted buying the 4 cylinder car and found it to be more than adequate for my typical driving style and commute. Also, when I let friends drive the car, they are surprised it is not a 6 cylinder.

Nice Car Could Use Some Tweaks
By stuatoe on 12/21/13 10:40 AM (PST)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Overall like this car a lot. 1st Audi . Have owned 5-7 Audis, 2 Porsches and a E55. The seats are the worst of this group. BMW's best. Needs more support everywhere. The cup holders are way too small and center arm rest interferes. Should switch the cup and freeform spaces front and back of shifter. Engine is great. Plenty of power when requested Pleased with MPG, 20.8 doing mostly suburban driving. Highway is 25-28 mpg. 20" Pirellis have been a bear. Road hazards find these tires. Comfortable to drive, BMW & Porsche much better. MMI is a mess. Too complicated, many submenus, knobs etc. Handling is betters by BMW and Porsche.

2013 A6 Audio System Problems
By rfsbranch on 08/04/13 07:08 AM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I own a 2013 Audi A6 2.0T. The vehicle was defective from day 1. While I love the car overall, one big watch out is an issues with MMI equipped cars with their standard sound system that intermittently sends a very loud, starting boom noise. The sound will cut out for up to a minute and then play normally until the next time. It can happen infrequently or several times in a day. If you are considering purchasing this vehicle beware of this major, unresolved issue. I have heard that several other models have the same issue. Audi stalled on acknowledging the issue for about 6 months and still does not have a fix. It is believed to be software related.

Very Nice Ride
By stock_genius on 06/12/13 10:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Aviator blue with brown interior. Love the way it handles, gets lots of looks, looks nicer than a BMW 5 series and Benz E class. Very quick off the line and top end. The four rings in my opinion has out done Lexus, BMW and Mercedes.

Fantastic Car..........but
By rudybucks on 06/09/13 05:30 AM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Only have the car for a week. Overall it is a great car, but, not designed for a "portly elderly man" as it is a bit difficult to get in and out particularly if you have bad knees! Once in the car everything is fine. Traded a 2010 Lincoln MKT which developed rattles after only a year or so. It also had "Unintended Acceleration"! Yes, it accelerated when I didn't intend it to do so! Dealer would not acknowledge or fix the problem. After more than a dozen incidents, I know it was NOT me!

Absolutely Incredible!
By dustman98 on 04/28/13 22:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

When the lease was up on my 2010 Acura TL (which coincidentally was my 3rd TL in a row), I decided it was time to explore other options in luxury performance sedans. I test drove some of the usual suspects (BMW 528x and 535x, Cadillac CTS), as well as some lower priced options (Ford Taurus SHO, Chrysler 300C), before ultimately deciding on my 2103 A6 3.0T prestige. I decided to skip Mercedes (too stodgy), and Lexus (too plain) so that made the decision even easier. Every time I sit down in this car it brings a huge smile to my face and its sexy good looks turn heads everywhere I go! If you want a beautiful, fun sedan that you won't see parked beside you at the mall then the A6 is for you!

The best value in true luxury sedans
By whittonm on 10/21/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

We have driven entry level luxury cars for years (Infiniti G, Acura TL, BMW 335). We looked at these again recently when trading in our 335xi coupe - nothing special or exciting. The new BMW was downright expensive with any nice options. We looked at the Audi A4, A5, A6. The A6 has everything - great price, great economy, great interior, and the dealership was much better than our Seinfeldesque BMW dealer. We had to get the A6 and have not regretted it.

2013 A6 2.0T Quattro
By mrweeks on 10/04/12 21:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I owned a 2006 A4, and just traded in my 2012 Audi Q5 in on my new 2013 Audi A6 2.0T Quattro. I loved my Q5.(I was scared of the decrease of value since the 2013 facelift.) I have had this car a little over a week, and driving it feels safe and exciting. The car handles brilliant. The engine would trick your mind if you didn't know it was a 4cyl. It really feels like a 6 cyl. I was really tossed up between the E350 and this and I am glad I choose the A6. I also love the dynamic & comfort switching feature.

forget BMW, Mercedes, and Jaguar
By 55george55 on 09/12/12 03:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 2.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I reviewed and tested the 5 series, e class and the jag but decides that the A6 was the next car for me. The interior, technology and price won me over. I have the car about a month already and am 100% sure i made the right choice. I recomend the A6 to anyone looking at a midsize car in the $50k range.

The best of the best
By nstrane on 08/21/12 23:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T Premium quattro 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

I had a chance to test drive the 2012 Jag XF and the BMW 535 and 550. I opted out of Mercedes finding the styling of the E-class too uninspiring. the A6 which in my mind was perfect. The car is easy to maneuver at low speeds which the steering tightening up at higher speeds. The build quality is impeccable. The styling is more forward thinking than that of MB and Lexus. The LEDs set the car apart as does that Bang and Olufsen sound system. I found the Audi MMI very intuitive and actually fun to operate. The A6 3.0t is a fast engine with a transmission and chassis that makes it feel like the car is hardly working at high speeds. Plain and simple, it puts a smile on my face every day.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Audi A6 in VA is:

$158 per month*